Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Layout Help & Jumping Sections with JQuery, Support Needed
rooster
post Apr 29 2012, 05:29 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,008

Greetings Folks!

So I put this site together based on a website's site layout and well, let's just say is not as nice.

I did, tho, do the best I could without using jquery scrollpane which the original site looks like they used.

Here's the site I did www.universalpartnership.org

I'd like to be able to make the page jumps smoother and have the particular sections come to the center rather than somewhere on the page.

I'd really, really like to make the vertical scrolling on the whole page go away, it's seriously annoying. And is there a way to change the scroll bar to be smaller?

Also, (hehehe) I had to add a table with nothing in it to get the width to be nice and big. I couldnt figure out how to increase the width POST starting the page and all. It'd be nice to dump that and do it the right way. I would have kept the table but I could get it to be flush against the top and the left.

I guess the major issues I have is being able to add code post building the page in design view. I just dunno where things go and I've been reading article after article and it's been a lost cause so far. So, if you are kind and so inclined to offer some support by way of help, indicating where code goes would be awesome and a great learning curve for me!

I've added the page as an attachment in case any whizzes can hook it up!

thanks much in advance!
peace
rooster

Attached File(s)
Attached File  index.html.zip ( 2.51k ) Number of downloads: 112
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
script_monkey
post May 2 2012, 02:32 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,029

Try to make your site scroll vertical , up and down ...as opposed to side to side. It's unnatural in UI.

With all of that content I would put them on separate pages and have a navigation at your left for those pages. If you want to stack that content on top of eachother for vertical scrolling. use this between each section <BR> that tells the HTML to skip a line, like a return on a typewriter skip a line and start on the next one. and two of them <BR><BR> makes it a double space ..probably much cleaner for what you would want.

find it in your code where one section stops and add <BR><BR>

and this will stack the individual content boxes vertical.
as far as the scrolling on each one of those, your div or frame there is too small make it larger with width="500" or something to get the size bigger so there is no scroll bars and use height="650" or whatever it takes to make it longer vertical and eliminate all scroll bars.

User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:10 AM