... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Visual Slideshow Help in IE, Question about slideshows in IE
sublimed
post Jun 8 2011, 01:50 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,723

I'm somewhat of a newbie when it comes to web design, but I'm learning fairly quick. I have been working on a new site for a friend of mine who is a real estate broker. He wanted a slideshow of "Featured Listings" showing each house one by one with a little info below each house and the ability to click on the picture to bring the viewer to the listing at MLS. I made it on a separate web page using a program called "Visual Slideshow" that uses Javascript instead of Flash - he didn't want me to use Flash. So I did everything exactly like they say to on their help page. The problem is that it works fine in Mozilla Firefox (but doesn't show the template for some reason), but it doesn't work at all in IE.

I've been trying to figure out what's wrong for a couple of weeks now, but can't, so if anyone can help me to fix this I would be very appreciative.

Thank you!

Here's a link to my slideshow page: Slideshow test page

And here is their help page: Visual Slideshow help

This post has been edited by sublimed: Jun 8 2011, 02:10 PM
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
pandy
post Jun 8 2011, 06:48 PM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

What version of IE? Works in IE7 which is all I've got.
User is offlinePM
sublimed
post Jun 9 2011, 12:36 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,723

QUOTE(pandy @ Jun 8 2011, 07:48 PM) *

What version of IE? Works in IE7 which is all I've got.

Does it really? So now I'm totally confused!

I tried opening it on a friends computer (who uses IE - not sure which version) and a picture of a home came up and froze on the screen, doing nothing else, so I assumed it was a problem with IE compatibility.

I've been trying to find what's wrong by looking at IE/Mozilla compatibility issues, but never tried it on my own version of IE (I don't have a copy, but I think I can find a free version?) I can't believe I've been messing with this so long and it ends up that it just might have been something wrong with his computer!

I'm going to try to download a copy of IE so I can test it my self (IE got deleted off my computer a few years ago).

Thanks
User is offlinePM

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:26 PM