Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Excel HTML Web Readability Issue
w5blt
post Nov 16 2008, 02:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,117

Not long ago, I was running XP Pro. No issues at all. Than, about a month ago, I had a massive hard drive crash and ended up purchasing a new computer. It had Windows Vista Home Premium installed on it. I then installed Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise Edition.

Previously, I had a rather extensive Excel worksheet that regularly edit and then convert to a .htm format. I would upload this document (htm) and had no issues.

However, since I've been using this new office suite, I'm having problems. I am able to view and edit the core document and save it. It saves as a worksheet XLSX format with a file size of 54KB. Then I save it as a HTM document with a file size of 10KB. I can view either version locally on my PC with no issues.

I then utilize WS_FTP Pro to upload it to my web site. When I go to view the file on the web, it tells me that the web page cannot be found.

I am 100% positive I have the correct file name/path entered in. My questions/comments are:

1) With my old Microsoft Office, the file size was about 210KB. But, in this new edition it's much smaller. Why?
2) Why am I not able to view this as a web page?
3) My web page editor is Dreamweaver 4. I can edit exiting web pages and repost them without any issues.

Any help would be appreciated. This may be operator malfunction on my part via not being familiar with this new Microsoft Office, but, I rather doubt it.

Thanks!
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Nov 16 2008, 05:09 PM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(w5blt @ Nov 16 2008, 08:19 PM) *

I am 100% positive I have the correct file name/path entered in.

Then the file would be found, wouldn't it? Are you sure it uploaded? Can you see it on the server with FTP?

1) With my old Microsoft Office, the file size was about 210KB. But, in this new edition it's much smaller. Why?

I don't know, but hopefully it means Office has gotten better and includes less junk code than it used to. But this is just a guess and I don't really believe it can be true.

2) Why am I not able to view this as a web page?

Because the file isn't where you think it is/isn't named exactly what you type in the address bar. Can you post the link to this ghost file? Maybe we can figure it out.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:10 PM