Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> temporary Internet files, can't find folder
carlodafirenze
post Sep 9 2009, 05:25 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,678

Hi, I need some help please. I have always deleted my temporary Internet files simply by going to Administrator account. MY pc drive C: Local settings, my user account and finally IE temp file. I used to delete thousands of them since I am on the Internet a lot. Since I have reinstalled the OS the Local Settings file has gone, my pc works fine and I can still delete the files using the utility in IE Options but I don't think that is just as effective. I just want my Local Settings back. What can I do? Thank you for your help.Carlo
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
MJK
post Nov 10 2009, 11:36 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,965

The location of the Temporary Internet Files folder depends on the version of Windows and whether or not you are using user profiles.

For Windows 7 and Windows Vista:
If you have Windows 7 or Windows Vista then Temporary Internet Files are in these locations (note that on your PC they can be on other drive instead of drive C):
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\
Note, that you will have to change the settings of Windows Explorer to show all kinds of files (including the protected system files) in order to access these folders.

For Windows XP and Windows 2000:
If you have Windows XP or Windows 2000 then Temporary Internet Files are in this location (note that on your PC they can be on other drive instead of drive C):
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\
If you have only one user account on Windows XP or Windows 2000 then replace <username> with Administrator to get the path of the Temporary Internet Files folder.

For Windows Me, 98, 95 or Windows NT:
You can use Mil Shield to clean the content of Temporary Internet Files along with index.dat files, history, cookies, cache and many other tracks.
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Nov 10 2009, 12:42 PM
Post #3

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

In IE go to Tools | Internet Options. In the temporary Internet Files field click on the button labeled Settings. Then click on the View Files button and the folder you are looking for will open.

The above is in IE6, but later versions should have it the same way or at least similar.
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:28 AM