Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tables and FireFox not mixing, Display bug with FireFox
Zero7Starz
post Aug 3 2009, 12:36 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,311

Hello all,

I've been developing websites on and off for a few years now. I generally do them all the same way, but in 2 different types of code- html or CSS- depending on how lazy I'm feeling at the time (lol). And while I've made a number of these sites that have all basically had the same table layout, I seem to be hitting a wall this time around.

I have a basic table lay out. 1 table, centered in the middle of the page, page graphic banner in the first cell, below it the navigation buttons, below that is a spot for advertisements, and below that is all the content. Usually, it all fits snugly together.

However, this time around when I load the page in FireFox, it shows huge gaps in my table making it look not nearly as pleasant as it should. Its what I like to call fat around the graphics, and buttons. It loads fine in Safari, IE, and Chrome but not on Firefox. Obviously it is important to me to have the page look pleasant on all browsers but I can't figure out why its loading with all this fat around everything.

As far as what I'm doing: Its basic tables. table, tr, td, content /td /tr /table ect. It should not be anything complicated. I've tried putting height and width tags with in all the table tags, and tried loading the table with in a CSS document and I get the same results.

Is this just something that Mozilla does, or is there something I can put in that will make my pages look nice on here, as well.

Any help appreciated, I really don't know where else to turn right now.

Thanks,
Jay

((Attatched is the html document in question. Sorry I can't link I don't have anywhere to upload it to, yet. I wanted to get the site developed before I started paying for space.))

This post has been edited by Zero7Starz: Aug 3 2009, 12:38 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  smokeylips.html ( 2.86k ) Number of downloads: 176
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Aug 3 2009, 05:11 AM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

Are the gaps in the image cells? Browsers style P with top and/or bottom margins, that's what makes them look like paragraphs, but they do it differently. You need to control that with CSS. In this case it's maybe not needed to use P at all.
User is offlinePM
Zero7Starz
post Aug 3 2009, 01:37 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,311

Thank you Pandy!! I never would have thought to take out the P tags, it totally worked smile.gif A lesson learned for me lol.

Thank you thank you again biggrin.gif
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Aug 3 2009, 02:17 PM
Post #4

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

You're welcome. The same goes for many other block level elements, for example headings. If you aren't sure, set both margin and padding to 0 with CSS.
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:56 PM