Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Using Intranet to show License Usage Information, License Usage Information
i_maverick
post Mar 1 2011, 12:27 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,010

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post on this forum so kindly bear with me if I goof up somewhere. I do not have any html coding knowledge. However, it somehow diverted my attention and curiosity due to one incident.

I had gone to an office where they were using intranet in very useful manner. I really do not know if that is the correct word (intranet tongue.gif ). The basic description:= on clicking the IE icon this internal website would launch which'd have a lot of general information such as latest news and links to important documents, telephone directory. And then there was this best part:

In a technical consultancy a lot of softwares are used. These are licensed copies. The intranet displayed the following information in a tabulated format:
Sr No. -- Product Name -- Username -- Extension
The page managed to REFRESH periodically (say every 5 minutes)
Then there was a summary. Probably the coding referred to the data residing on license servers.

How did they achieve it?
Does it require extensive coding?

This app can be very useful to pin down the license users which is very annoying otherwise to search out especially if there is dearth of licenses.

Any help or tip will be appreciated. Thank you very much!

This post has been edited by i_maverick: Mar 1 2011, 12:27 PM
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
i_maverick
post Mar 2 2011, 01:34 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,010

Thank you so much for your reply and assistance.

The data was being probably picked from License Servers Listings and I do not have the slightest idea of the format of available data on the servers.

Glad to know that it'd not be much of headache. The company can always hire coding person to do this. I was curious from the perspective of the difficulty of the task!
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:06 AM