The Web Design Group

... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Help with small changes to Tumblr theme?
ubiami
post Jan 17 2011, 09:14 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,609

Hi,
I'm trying to make minor changes to my tumblr theme but the coding I am editing is a bit more haphazard than what I'm used to, wondering if anyone could tell me how to:

1. change the margin widths so that both the top and bottom margin above and below images is equal (at the moment, there is a much smaller gap above the image than below, as relative to the lines dividing each post...hope that makes sense)

2. remove the lines dividing each post (need to know how to do both 1 and 2 because I haven't quite decided which I prefer yet)

3. change the background colour - when I try to change it at the moment, it does change but not to the colour I specify, it chooses some other colour - wondered if maybe there was some code overriding my choice??

Thanks!

URL of site: http://rtin.tumblr.com/

I have attached the code below smile.gif
Attached File  tumblr_theme_rtin.rtf ( 24.44k ) Number of downloads: 881

User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 4)
Frederiek
post Jan 17 2011, 10:00 AM
Post #2

Programming Fanatic

Member No.: 9

1. change the margin widths so that both the top and bottom margin above and below images is equal (at the moment, there is a much smaller gap above the image than below, as relative to the lines dividing each post...hope that makes sense)

For the div with class .post, change padding: 20px 0px 60px 78px; to padding: 20px 0px 0px 78px;.

2. remove the lines dividing each post (need to know how to do both 1 and 2 because I haven't quite decided which I prefer yet)

Remove the border-top: 1px solid #CCC; rule from that same .post class.

3. change the background colour - when I try to change it at the moment, it does change but not to the colour I specify, it chooses some other colour - wondered if maybe there was some code overriding my choice??

What did you try that didn't work? Do you want to change the background-color of the BODY or of the content (which would be the #wrapper div)? Mind you that #wrapper div (besides a white background-color) also has border: 10px solid black; specified to it. You might like to change that too, to better match your new background-color.
User is offlinePM
ubiami
post Jan 17 2011, 10:14 AM
Post #3

Thankyou very much! I have fixed it now and am happy with it smile.gif
User is offlinePM
ubiami
post Jan 17 2011, 10:15 AM
Post #4

Actually, one more thing I have just noticed - how do I make sure all image posts are centred regardless of their different widths?
User is offlinePM
laslokovacs
post Jan 9 2013, 11:12 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 18,420

This helped me out too!

This post has been edited by laslokovacs: Jan 9 2013, 11:15 PM
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:09 PM