Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Looking for a gallery app for Android
pandy
post Feb 9 2017, 03:33 PM
Post #1

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

Yes, there are loads, I know. But all I've tried work the same way as the one that comes with the OS (or phone, whichever it is). When I create a new folder/album it copies or moves the images there. I don't want that.

On Windows I use a program called PhoA. Alas it doesn't seem to be developed anymore, there used to a support forum and stuff. It has a lot of features, but the main thing is it leaves my images alone where they are. It doesn't move or copy them. It works strictly with references. So an image can be in a lot of virtual folders but only one copy is on the disk.

So, that's what I'm looking for. An app that can create virtual albums so I still can have the physical image files ordered after date as a want them without getting duplicates.

smile.gif

User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
thematrix
post Feb 19 2018, 08:22 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,584

I think it is able to both move and copy. I haven't really used it since I am an Apple user, but a friend of mine was using it a few months back for protecting her photos.
Which model have you bought I am seriously wondering to switch to Android?
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Feb 20 2018, 05:05 AM
Post #3

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

I found the webpage where there's more information than at Google Play. It can create "virtual albums" without moving or renaming files, so I'll definitely try it. Thanks again.

My new phone is nothing to brag about. I've used an Samsung S3 for ages and like it very much. But apart form being too old for some apps the USB connector is loose (hate those micro USB connectors!) and so is the one for the head phone. So when I dropped it for the 25th time or so and the glass eventually broke I realized it was time to say goodby.

Problem is I need a phone with a battery I can change myself. There are very few models to choose from with that feature today. Samsung got so much critique for no longer supplying phones with an (easily) exchangeable battery that they made and updated version of the last model with that feature and called it S5 Neo. That was what I was planning to buy. But when I got around to it had been discontinued.

So I ended up with a Motorola G5. Found a site that listed all current phones with an interchangeable battery. I didn't even know Motorola still existed. The spec looks good, the reviews are good. Only problem is Motorola is too cheap compared to other brands. Why? Well, I liked the look and feel when I tried it in the store and since there also was a special this week that made it super cheap I bought it. Haven't even unboxed it yet though. Time will tell. laugh.gif

So I can't really recommend any special android phone. My friends with newer Samsung models are pleased with them, but I have no experience myself.
User is offlinePM

Posts in this topic
pandy   Looking for a gallery app for Android   Feb 9 2017, 03:33 PM
thematrix   Maybe you should check out- QuickPic - Photo Galle...   Feb 16 2018, 09:06 AM
pandy   Thanks! Are you sure it doesn't move or co...   Feb 16 2018, 02:34 PM
thematrix   I think it is able to both move and copy. I haven...   Feb 19 2018, 08:22 AM
pandy   I found the webpage where there's more informa...   Feb 20 2018, 05:05 AM
Christian J   the USB connector is loose (hate those micro USB ...   Feb 20 2018, 07:27 AM
pandy   Alas, yes. I use a lot of battery. That's wh...   Feb 20 2018, 08:42 AM
Christian J   Then the micro USB connector gets loose. Is that ...   Feb 21 2018, 06:37 AM
pandy   Already removed the ball. Didn't dare to use a...   Feb 21 2018, 03:27 PM
Christian J   In that case I can only think of getting a wireles...   Feb 20 2018, 08:56 AM
pandy   I don't use that much juice sitting at home te...   Feb 20 2018, 10:27 AM
pandy   Before you ask, no, I don't play Pokemon Go. ...   Feb 20 2018, 10:56 AM
Darin McGrew   I've had phones with user-replaceable batterie...   Feb 21 2018, 01:05 AM
pandy   You probably don't need to charge as often as ...   Feb 21 2018, 05:16 AM
thematrix   I found the webpage where there's more inform...   Feb 26 2018, 03:38 AM
pandy   My impression is they are just not popular here. I...   Feb 26 2018, 04:52 AM
thematrix   Yeah, but not always the "hot" and most ...   Feb 28 2018, 03:52 AM
pandy   At long last I got around to installing the sim ca...   Mar 6 2018, 10:39 AM
Christian J   The one really bad thing is that apps and the fil...   Mar 6 2018, 11:36 AM
pandy   Yeah, can't. If I say you can't move them...   Mar 6 2018, 08:00 PM
pandy   I got around to trying QuickPic. I couldn't ge...   Apr 2 2018, 08:10 PM
pandy   I'm more than content with f-stop. It has ever...   Sep 30 2019, 03:25 PM
pandy   I've just learnt there are Android emulators, ...   Oct 1 2019, 10:23 AM
pandy   BlueStacks was rather cool (but huge!). Turned...   Oct 9 2019, 03:17 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:01 AM