Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> centering, style="text-align:center;" not working
pcfw
post Aug 28 2009, 09:33 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,602

I used <div style="text-align;">script</div> to try to center Amazon car parts finder at
<a href="http://automotivetipstricks.blogspot.com/">Automotive Tips and Tricks</a>

but the parts finder is only centered when viewed with IE but not with Firefox and Chrome. What tag should I use to center the widget?

Thanks
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Aug 28 2009, 10:14 AM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

CODE

Possible Blogger Terms of Service Violations
This blog is currently under review due to possible Blogger Terms of Service violations.

If you're a regular reader of this blog and are confident that the content is appropriate, feel free to click "Proceed" to proceed to the blog. We apologize for the inconvenience.

If you're an author of this blog, please follow the instructions on your dashboard for removing this warning page.

For centering see: http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/007/center.html . IE wrongly lets text-align affect block level elements when it's in Quirks Mode. That's what I predict is the problem here. Or you actually wrote what you wrote in your post above, but then again it wouldn't work in anything.
User is offlinePM
pcfw
post Aug 28 2009, 10:50 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,602

QUOTE(pandy @ Aug 28 2009, 10:14 AM) *

CODE

Possible Blogger Terms of Service Violations
This blog is currently under review due to possible Blogger Terms of Service violations.

If you're a regular reader of this blog and are confident that the content is appropriate, feel free to click "Proceed" to proceed to the blog. We apologize for the inconvenience.

If you're an author of this blog, please follow the instructions on your dashboard for removing this warning page.

For centering see: http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/007/center.html . IE wrongly lets text-align affect block level elements when it's in Quirks Mode. That's what I predict is the problem here. Or you actually wrote what you wrote in your post above, but then again it wouldn't work in anything.

Dang - Blogger splog robot giving false positive again. But nevermind, it is a demo blog

Can I use

<div style="margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;">widget to be centered</div>
User is offlinePM
Darin McGrew
post Aug 28 2009, 08:02 PM
Post #4

WDG Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

Can I use

<div style="margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;">widget to be centered</div>
Yes, that's the right way to do it. But MSIE doesn't support it in quirks mode; it supports it only in standards mode.
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:31 AM