Reply to this topicStart new topic
> a page where my posts display inline 3 in a row
altar
post Sep 23 2006, 11:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 215

Hi all,
I'm trying to make a specific page on my Wordpress blog where the posts, instead of displaying one on top of the other, would didsplay inline 3 in a row. It is to post images, all of the same size , so the effect would be like a gallery of some sort.
I'm also trying to get some help on the wordpress forums of course, but it's hard to get info so I thought I'd try here too, hope nobody minds...
Until now, I think that I understand that I will need a new page template php file and some css styling. I'm confused about the how I'm going to clear the divs every 3 posts to then drop and start a new line. I thought that I should clear it in the page template php file, but I've been advised to create a clearer class in the css file that I could call at the end of every third post. Which method would be best?
Also, if I create new css information for that specific page, must I create another style.css file (ex. style2.css) or is there a way to include that "page-specific" information in the existing style.css file without messing up the usual layout?
Thanks a lot
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Sep 24 2006, 12:32 AM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

Will the images be about the same size? And will there be more than a few lines of text with each image?

Maybe you can use the approach demonstrated here.
http://realworldstyle.com/thumb_float.html

It builds on floating the boxes to the left. Three in a row is easy by limiting the width of a containing DIV. The problem is that you also need to specify a height and it should be the same for all boxes, or they'll get stuck on each other. So if you have much text this is probably not the way to go, but if it's just a caption and/or a few words underneath it should work.

About WordPress templates I know nothing, but it's all HTML once it reaches the browser.
User is offlinePM
altar
post Sep 24 2006, 01:08 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 215

Thanks for answering Pandy,
Yes the images will be all the exact same size and there will be below it one short line (shorter that the image width) with the title and the author of the image's name, and a second line below that one with a star-style rating. The reason why I am not using a gallery plugin is precisely because I couldn't find one that I could use in conjusction with that post rating plugin.
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Sep 24 2006, 01:21 AM
Post #4

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

Then I think this method should work just fine.
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:25 AM