Reply to this topicStart new topic
> comment box and blogger
B4L4KS
post Mar 30 2011, 04:48 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,227

hi

i have tried many options and none have worked, from my previous entries i have got evan more confused,

can someone code a comment box and a blogger below for the last 10 entries please,

this is the page its located on.
fALLOUT 3 WEB HOME PAGE.html

i have used this below which works but doesnt provide any blogger, all it does is goes to the top of page

<style type="text/css">
textarea.html-text-box {background-color:000000;border-width:2;border-style:solid;border-color:FFFFFF;font-family:Arial;font-size:18pt;color:FFFFFF;}
input.html-text-box {background-color:000000;font-family:Arial;font-size:12pt;color:FFFFFF;}</style>
<form method="post" action="">
<textarea name="comments" cols="50" rows="7" class="html-text-box">Enter your comments here...</textarea><br><input type="submit" value="Submit" class="html-text-box">
<input type="reset" value="Reset" class="html-text-box"></form><p style="font-size:12px;"></a></p>

any help grateful

kristian

User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
Darin McGrew
post Mar 30 2011, 10:48 AM
Post #2

WDG Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

<form method="post" action="">
You've specified action="" so the form data is probably submitted back to the current URL. That's why it appears to go to the top of the page.

Where is the server-side (e.g., CGI, PHP, ASP) program that will process the form data?
User is offlinePM
B4L4KS
post Apr 1 2011, 02:51 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,227

hi

my website is in the development stages and im trying to get it to work offline so its not connected,

to be honest im fine with graphics, videos and presintation, just the comment box and blogger that im stuck with.

i have no idea how to code it and dont understand what you have said with the server,

i just need a simple code so it will work on a webpage offline

thanks kristian
User is offlinePM
Darin McGrew
post Apr 1 2011, 12:34 PM
Post #4

WDG Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

What you're asking for requires a server-side program. It can be CGI, PHP, ASP, or any other kind of server-side program, but you can't do it with plain HTML, CSS, JavaScript, etc. And server-side programs require a server. You can't use them offline.

You can run a web server on your development system. I have Apache running on my computer. But you need a server to process form data.

See also the FAQ entry:
http://htmlhelp.com/faq/html/forms.html#form-howto
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:18 PM