The Web Design Group

... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Free Computer Help Chat Site. Please review., Could you all please review my site? I run a Computer Services busine
OregonWifi
post Jun 23 2012, 10:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,529

Hi there. I run a computer services business in Eugene, Oregon that includes a page with a free tech support chat, that is starting to get quite popular. Basically volunteers help each other out, and I tried to make it easy for people. No registration, No ads, No fees. Originally I was using a PHP/Mysql chat but had to switch to an IRC chat that uses an iframe.

I wanted to keep the same type of design but I'm having lots of problems and wanted everyones opinions and ideas.
Basically I'm noticing all kinds of strange problems..probably because I have lots of redundant css code. Links wont be able to be clicked and I have to remove them, and all kinds of other little bugs. Any suggestions on how I can improve the design and code? Maybe I should just start over from scratch and ditch the old css files from the old template. Also what do you all think of a computer help chat by volunteers? Could you also check out the home page as well?

http://www.eugenecomputergeeks.com/chat/ (free computer help page. Needs LOTS of CSS work and help)

http://www.eugenecomputergeeks.com/ (home page, anybody notice any problems with it?)

Also do you have any ideas on what needs to be done for the over all site? Obviously I need to brush up on my CSS/HTML and stop being so lazy. Been getting to used to using wordpress themes and good HTML 5 templates. Thanks so much for your time!!!
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:30 AM