Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Color accessibility
George in TX
post Sep 3 2006, 05:01 PM
Post #1

Novice

Group: Members
Member No.: 42

I was reading the HTML code provided by drkdreamgurl in her post about background repeating. Some of the code was virtually unreadable, a pale yellow font on a white background. I had to switch to a user style sheet in Opera to be able to read it. It this an example of accessibility this forum is trying to give to new web designers?
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Sep 3 2006, 05:08 PM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

I think it's more a matter of what it says in the Important Announcement at the top of the forum.
User is offlinePM
Christian J
post Sep 3 2006, 05:13 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 7

While we're at it, the color is different for embedded and inline styles. If it matters is another issue...
User is offlinePM
George in TX
post Sep 3 2006, 05:48 PM
Post #4

Novice

Pandy I couldn't find anything titled, "Important Announcement" at the top of the forum. I did read, "News and Announcements" but didn't find anything relative to my question. Please explain further.

Christian J your statement, "If it matters is another issue..." bothers me some. Are you saying it doesn't matter if the code isn't readable? I was able to read the code by switching to a user style sheet. Other visitors may not have that option. If it doesn't matter if the code is readable then I apologize for wasting your time with this thread and won't bother you again.
User is offlinePM
Christian J
post Sep 3 2006, 05:59 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 7

QUOTE(George in TX @ Sep 4 2006, 12:48 AM) *

Pandy I couldn't find anything titled, "Important Announcement" at the top of the forum. I did read, "News and Announcements" but didn't find anything relative to my question. Please explain further.

Pandy meant the red text higher up:

The Forums are currently in Beta testing, so you may occasionally encounter a bug or accessibility issue.

In other words, your finding is very welcome. I think we all agree that yellow color on white background is not a good combination.

Christian J your statement, "If it matters is another issue..." bothers me some. Are you saying it doesn't matter if the code isn't readable?

No I just meant the color difference between embedded and inline styles (even if both colors are readable). It's better if there was no difference, but I don't know how easy it will be to fix.
User is offlinePM
John Pozadzides
post Sep 3 2006, 08:26 PM
Post #6

WDG Founder

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(George in TX @ Sep 3 2006, 05:01 PM) *
It this an example of accessibility this forum is trying to give to new web designers?

Damn. Have any of you seen the Saturday Night Live skit "Who's Most Grizzled?" biggrin.gif I hope we aren't taking these kinds of pot shots at the newbies asking questions here, if anyone ever does I shall be very put out...

The instance of colorization in the HTML BB Code is the default for Invision Power Board. It was not chosen by anyone here. The board is in BETA, and is clearly labeled as such both here and on the BBS. In addition, I believe this is the very first use of the HTML BB Code on the board.

I'll get the color changed. And I'll keep working on other issues that people uncover that can use improvement. Would it be possible to get a little benefit of the doubt in the future?

John
User is offlinePM
John Pozadzides
post Sep 4 2006, 12:05 AM
Post #7

WDG Founder

This issue is now resolved.
User is offlinePM
George in TX
post Sep 4 2006, 02:56 PM
Post #8

Novice

Obviously I used a very poor choice of words when telling of the color in the HTML BB Code. It was not my intent to be malicious or sarcastic in any way. I apologize for that as it obviously came across as sarcasm. In addition I didn't realize that was the first use of the HTML BB Code and, for some reason, naively thought I would be the only one to notice the choice in colors. Again I'm very sorry.
User is offlinePM
John Pozadzides
post Sep 4 2006, 04:21 PM
Post #9

WDG Founder

Thanks George. No harm done...

John
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:42 AM