Reply to this topicStart new topic
> IFRAME, Setoff
lanisc
post Sep 10 2006, 03:23 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 103

HI
I dont know much about HTML-coding, but wonder if there are any way to display just a portion of another page, via IFRAME (or any other tag or code)? For example, I just wish to show the middle part of a page on another URL, not the top, bottom, left och right side. Most of all i wish to have pixelprecision on what part of the external page, showing up.
Is there any way to accomplish this?
If there is, I need a detailed answer, otherwise I am afraid I cant implement the solution, because of my poor knowledge of HTML.
Thank you!
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Sep 10 2006, 09:00 AM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

No, I don't think so, not in the way you mean if I understand you right.

You can make an iframe scroll to a certain position (just as a normal window) if there are anchors in the other page.
http://htmlhelp.com/faq/html/links.html#named-anchor
If you then disable scrolling you have something close to what you ask for. It seems risky to do something like this though. If the user uses another resolution and/or text size than you expect, you have no idea how much or little of the page he sees. If the page you want to frame is your own, you would be better of to split it up. If it isn't your own you shouldn't frame it in the first place, really. smile.gif
User is offlinePM
Darin McGrew
post Sep 10 2006, 11:14 AM
Post #3

WDG Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

Another option might be to have both the pages include the common content from some other source. See http://htmlhelp.com/faq/html/design.html#include-file
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:17 AM