> WDG Seeking Blog Authors
John Pozadzides
post Apr 16 2007, 11:17 PM
Post #1

WDG Founder

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

Greetings all!

The WDG is preparing to launch the new HTMLHelp.blog which will become a prominent and actively updated part of HTMLHelp.com. The new blog will be extensively hyperlinked from the rest of the site, and we'll be encouraging visitors to sign up for subscriptions and RSS feeds to keep up to date with what all is going on in the Web Authoring community.

A few samples of things you'll find on HTMLHelp.blog:
  • Summaries and links to high quality Web reference articles from around the Net.
  • Helpful Web authoring related tools and tips.
  • Original content including tutorials, guides and cheat sheets.
We are looking for passionate members of our community who are interested in contributing as an author on the Blog. If you are interested please let me know as soon as possible. Some things we're looking for in potential contributors:
  • Professionalism
  • Integrity
  • Excellent written communication skills
  • A demonstrated willingness to help others
Once we've chosen the team I'll be establishing a permissions based forum which will only be accessible by the HTMLHelp Bloggers and we will work on the ground rules, details and coordination involved in launching the blog.

I would anticipate that our new blog launch will experience roughly the same rate of growth - if not more - that we experienced with the launch of the new forums several months ago. Needless to say, this is an extremely rare opportunity to be considered for a contributing position that could potentially result in a high level of exposure in the Web authoring community.

If you are interested in applying for one of these volunteer positions here is what you need to do:
  • You'll need to have full identity disclosure. Please do not apply if you are unwilling to be identified. We feel it is necessary for subscribers to get to know content authors in order to build trust.
  • Provide a link(s) to your personal Web site or blog. We will be making sure that it is generally appropriate for all ages.
  • Provide a brief summary regarding your interest and qualifications. (A CV/Resume or other background document would be nice.)
  • Be willing to contribute at least a couple of hours a week to providing content for the Blog.
Finally, if you'd like to preview the format for the new Blog, you can find it at http://blog.htmlhelp.com/. It is only a skeleton at the moment, but you will get the idea of how it's going to look and function as it gets populated. Feel free to register, make test comments, and provide suggestions. Unfortunately the Blog requires a separate user registration from the forums, but the good news is that no one actually needs to register unless they intend to post.

You can either send me a PM through the forums, use the new Contact form on the Blog, or send an e-mail to john@ you know the domain name.com

John
HTMLHelp.blog, Editor in Chief wink.gif
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
JamieHarrop
post May 21 2007, 05:31 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 570

QUOTE(Peter1968)
I certainly do read it, and I'm quite grateful for some of the stuff you guys have brought up (honeypot, cssplay, etc).

I'm pleased to hear that, Peter.

I don't "do" RSS, but I've linked the site from my own excuse for a blog and I check it regularly.

So where's this blog of yours? I don't see the address anywhere. Please do share it. smile.gif
User is offlinePM
Peter1968
post May 21 2007, 06:28 PM
Post #3

Serious Coder

Group: Members
Member No.: 213

QUOTE(JamieHarrop @ May 22 2007, 08:31 AM) *

So where's this blog of yours? I don't see the address anywhere. Please do share it. smile.gif

http://aesedra.com/wp/

Completely underwhelming content as of right now.
User is offlinePM

Posts in this topic
John Pozadzides   WDG Seeking Blog Authors   Apr 16 2007, 11:17 PM
Effovex   It seems very interesting, but I'm not sure wh...   Apr 17 2007, 09:06 AM
John Pozadzides   It seems to me in-depth articles would be better ...   Apr 17 2007, 11:29 AM
Frederiek   I totally agree with Effovex.   Apr 17 2007, 09:45 AM
Effovex   I'd personally be interested in writing a ...   Apr 17 2007, 12:37 PM
John Pozadzides   I'd personally be interested in writing a ...   Apr 17 2007, 02:25 PM
Effovex   You make a compelling argument and have alleviated...   Apr 17 2007, 03:07 PM
pandy   I feel old.   Apr 17 2007, 03:13 PM
John Pozadzides   Please tone down the language Effovex. You are co...   Apr 17 2007, 03:29 PM
pandy   What what? Did he talk dirty? I'll admonish hi...   Apr 17 2007, 03:41 PM
John Pozadzides   Pandy, who are you kidding? If he was talking dir...   Apr 17 2007, 03:51 PM
pandy   Can I appoint moderators now? Seems my current ava...   Apr 17 2007, 03:57 PM
Effovex   Your current avatar is both oddly familiar and con...   Apr 17 2007, 04:04 PM
pandy   HTH :P   Apr 17 2007, 04:49 PM
Effovex   Jakob Nielsen! :lol: I think we're clutte...   Apr 17 2007, 04:53 PM
pandy   Absolutely not! The OP brought it up himself. ...   Apr 19 2007, 10:15 PM
JamieHarrop   Now that it's been a month since John first po...   May 21 2007, 01:46 PM
Peter1968   I certainly do read it, and I'm quite grateful...   May 21 2007, 02:58 PM
JamieHarrop   So where's this blog of yours? I don't s...   May 21 2007, 05:31 PM
Peter1968   So where's this blog of yours? I don't s...   May 21 2007, 06:28 PM
Darin McGrew   Thanks for the reminder. I just took a look at it ...   May 21 2007, 05:32 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th March 2024 - 10:11 PM