The Web Design Group

... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HTML need help...pls, how to link the root folder sources without the index.htm inside the f
HarrySeah
post Oct 13 2015, 06:08 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,637

hi there,im sorry for here first...sorry for my bad English , i hope you guys can understand what i mean and give me helpful for there.
hello , im a fresh man in HTML 5, and i still studying for there, honestly ...my one of the friend want to birthday on soon and i want to give her a gift/present is my design and created the webpage. so for here my problem is how to without the whole folder but still can link ,connecting every things, as i know ,when our want to create a webpage so will create a folder is mean the root folder ,so the index.htm (the main page) will inside that and include other sources ,such as audio,video,image,css file,other htm file(other webpage by design and created by myself) also. like a child of the root folder . so i was sure to work when i open the index.htm to link to anything ,can run or execute every things like play the video ,audio ,display the image file . because the main page inside the root folder and i used the relative path to wrote it to connected ,link.For my question is ,how i can without the full things , i mean the whole folder sources things by use it only the main page to show every things. is mean that ,because i want send to my friend as a gift , so i am just send it the main page to her and call her to download and open it to see ,but also can use in the main page can go to other webpage too ,and also can play the video file ,all file of it. how can i without send the whole folder to her just only use the main page (only the one page ) and can link and go to different webpage too ?
thank you so much for your guys to help me>< thank ...
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Oct 13 2015, 06:54 AM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

You must send her all the files. Alternatively send her index.html and put all the other stuff on a web server, but then you can't use relative links anymore. A better solution (if you don't want to send all files) is to put everything on web server and send her a link to the site.
User is offlinePM
HarrySeah
post Oct 14 2015, 03:39 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 23,637

QUOTE(pandy @ Oct 13 2015, 06:54 AM) *

You must send her all the files. Alternatively send her index.html and put all the other stuff on a web server, but then you can't use relative links anymore. A better solution (if you don't want to send all files) is to put everything on web server and send her a link to the site.

Thank you for help and reply smile.gif ,so im a fresh man in html as you knew. So how can i put the everything on the webserver and how to links its ?
User is offlinePM
Frederiek
post Oct 14 2015, 04:10 AM
Post #4

Programming Fanatic

Member No.: 9

Read the FAQ entries 4.1, and maybe 4.2, starting at http://htmlhelp.com/faq/html/publish.html#publish-howto .

Then, use absolute paths for everything (images, links, CSS, video, audio, etc.), including the http://.
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Oct 14 2015, 07:04 AM
Post #5

🌟Computer says no🌟

Don't follow. Why the need of absolute URLs if everything is on a server?
User is offlinePM
Frederiek
post Oct 15 2015, 07:12 AM
Post #6

Programming Fanatic

Member No.: 9

Absolute paths would be needed if he only wants to send the .html file.
But if he sends the url of the online page, he can continue to use relative paths.
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Oct 15 2015, 08:24 AM
Post #7

🌟Computer says no🌟

So that's what you meant. Yes, of course.
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:22 AM