... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> SQL Injection prevention
max2474
post Feb 11 2012, 09:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,443

Hi. Have been reading a lot on SQL injection and it seems there are many ways to help prevent it. I am just wondering, would something like
CODE
$email=filter_var(mysql_real_escape_string($_POST[email]), FILTER_SANITIZE_EMAIL);
be enough? My understanding is that this will ensure there is a "@" sign with data either side, as well as removing the usual sql "baddies". If so, is there still a need to do long scripts for further checking?

Btw, is there anything wrong with combining two checks in one? The script is working fine at the mo.

I have many form variables to check, this is just one example.

Many thanks in advance smile.gif
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
max2474
post Feb 12 2012, 08:11 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,443

Thanks very much for your reply. The script is a v early stages yet, am just beginning the sql stage smile.gif

This question is centered around a sign up / login script.

I have to admit, i have no idea what the difference between an sql escape or html escape may be...however -

IF the database is written with the output from this sequence (when a new member signs up for example) and later compared to his login (also from this sequence), as far as I can see, they will match up.

I guess the only real question is - would this suffice security wise for a member signup/login script?

This post has been edited by max2474: Feb 12 2012, 08:12 PM
User is offlinePM
Christian J
post Feb 13 2012, 11:19 AM
Post #3

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 7

QUOTE(max2474 @ Feb 13 2012, 02:11 AM) *

I guess the only real question is - would this suffice security wise for a member signup/login script?

Another thing you should do is encrypt all passwords (using salt). In addition, any "hardwired" passwords (such as the one for the DB itself) should be kept above the web root.

But I'm not the right person to advice on this... wacko.gif
User is offlinePM

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 07:26 PM