Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hyperlinks Fail to Work
Challenger
post Jan 5 2017, 10:32 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,254

I use Windows 10 and a Lenovo T520 laptop. For the past year or so, I have had no problems viewing Sky (U.K.) television via Sky´s web page (www.go.sky.com), using Internet Explorer 11. A few days ago, when viewing this page and successfully logging in, I found that, while I had no problems accessing all of the areas of this page, I could not select any of the channels (displayed on the left side of the home page). For example, I can click on Box Sets (at the top of the page) and I am able to view any and all of the box sets that are offered.

I have tried using another Sky Go-approved browser (the browser must be able to use MS´ Silverlight), Firefox, but I have the exact same problem. I have uninstalled and re-installed both IE and Firefox and have reset the settings on both (back to the originals) and have uninstalled and reinstalled Silverlight.

Given that I have no other web site problems (I am a regular viewer of a multitude of news sites, for example) and given that I seem to have the same problem with both IE and Firefox, would this problem be resident on my machine?

I would be most grateful for any suggestions.

Thank you!
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
Christian J
post Jan 5 2017, 11:26 AM
Post #2

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 7

QUOTE(Challenger @ Jan 5 2017, 04:32 PM) *

I could not select any of the channels.

What do you mean with "select" in this context? unsure.gif

In any case, it sounds like you must be logged in to test these pages, so I guess I can't help (not to mention I don't have Silverlight installed).
User is offlinePM
Challenger
post Jan 5 2017, 11:42 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,254

QUOTE(Christian J @ Jan 5 2017, 04:26 PM) *

QUOTE(Challenger @ Jan 5 2017, 04:32 PM) *

I could not select any of the channels.

What do you mean with "select" in this context? unsure.gif

In any case, it sounds like you must be logged in to test these pages, so I guess I can't help (not to mention I don't have Silverlight installed).

By select, I mean that I cannot open any links to any of the channels. When I place my cursor over a channel, it changes (as though I can click on it) but when I try to click on the channel, nothing happens.

And, alas, yes, you need to log in to the service to be able to test it. Unfortunately, use of the service by my credentials is linked to my physical computer so even if I were to give you the log in details, you wouldn´t be able to view the page.

Do you have any idea how I might go about solving this problem? Sky´s own customer service has no ideas.
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Jan 5 2017, 01:41 PM
Post #4

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

You haven't turned JavaScript off, have you?

Other than that, no idea.
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 02:57 AM