Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help with image maps in Dreamweaver
raudi225
post Jun 28 2009, 08:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,875

I haven't used Dreamweaver in awhile and it seems that I've forgotten how to create image maps using the hotspot tools.

Here is the split view of my work - http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/7797/screenshotuwo.jpg

The navigation words are what I'm wanting to put hotspots on. I've tried selecting the image, then selecting the create rectangular hotspot tool and it won't let me do anything - I must be missing something? Does anyone know the steps for doing this in Dreamweaver? I appreciate any help.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Jun 28 2009, 10:27 PM
Post #2

Don't like donuts. Don't do MySpace.

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

If it's to any help the page looks about the same in IE6 as in gecko, except there are no rounded corners. The text is terribly small and hard to read though and cant be resized in IE.
User is offlinePM
Frederiek
post Jun 29 2009, 03:52 AM
Post #3

Programming Fanatic

Member No.: 9

It's an image, Pandy.

Few of us here use DW, but surely you should be able to find how to do it in the manual.

Personally, I'd split up the image in top part(logo) and bottom part(s) (cars) and use a list and CSS to create the navigation buttons. Especially since they seem to have a solid black background. You then can also apply a hover effect.
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Jun 29 2009, 10:28 AM
Post #4

Don't like donuts. Don't do MySpace.

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

I can see that. I must have posted in the wrong thread. blush.gif Now, where is the guy with the rounded corners problem? Something with a HTML email, I think. ninja.gif

I move this thread to Off Topic, since it's about a specific program and not about markup per se.
User is offlinePM
raudi225
post Jun 29 2009, 11:10 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 8,875

QUOTE(Frederiek @ Jun 29 2009, 03:52 AM) *

It's an image, Pandy.

Few of us here use DW, but surely you should be able to find how to do it in the manual.

Personally, I'd split up the image in top part(logo) and bottom part(s) (cars) and use a list and CSS to create the navigation buttons. Especially since they seem to have a solid black background. You then can also apply a hover effect.

Hmm, I may still have the manual, I'll have to check.

When this tool does function, it saves a lot of time - but I may just end up coding it manually since I am tired of tired of fooling around with it. Newfangled software!

User is offlinePM
Frederiek
post Jun 30 2009, 03:03 AM
Post #6

Programming Fanatic

Member No.: 9

Normally, you'd have some Help menu within DW. But there's always also the documentation at Adobe.
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th July 2019 - 10:50 PM