Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Weather data
bluckie
post Jan 20 2013, 06:58 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,491

I want to be able to capture the weather data from this site: Weather conditions at K6OUA-11

I am only interested in the summary at the top of the site which displays as an example: Last report from K6OUA-11 received 1 minutes 12 seconds ago
Wind from 24 degrees @ 15.0 MPH Gusts to 18.0 MPH Temp 72F Humidity 8% Dewpoint 7F Pressure 1011.5 mb

I can capture the static text, but of course it doesn't update, which I want it to do.

Any suggestions, example code, etc would be appreciated.

User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
Christian J
post Jan 20 2013, 07:25 PM
Post #2

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 7

If one of the CGI scripts here http://www.findu.com/cgi.html outputs what you want you might load it in an IFRAME. Or you might let a server-side script on your server read text content from findu.com, though the FAQ on http://www.findu.com/index.html seems to discourage it:

"Lately there has been a great increase in the number of people attempting screen-scraping, so I must clarify my position. A single access generated from a user action (starting a program, pushing a button, etc.) is allowed, while any repetative access by a program is NOT ALLOWED. This is necessary because a singl program can use as much resource and dozens of human users, and I do not have the capacity to support this sort of use. I will be monitoring for inappropriate access and blocking IPs where I find a problem."
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:24 AM