Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Trying to code-connect form boxes with my submit button
m1Ke
post Jun 22 2012, 04:56 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,312

I just made a webpage in Photoshop and did all the necessaries to get it up and pretty in Microsoft FrontPage. Things are going good except I am trying to add a form on here. I managed to get the entry boxes in, now I just need the submit button. The catch is, I already designed one within the webpage in Photoshop. I gave it a URL to go to and a target to make it functional prior to moving it to FrontPage. I guess I should start off by asking if I can make my Photoshop custom button work with my form without the HTML code for the button having to be in the same <form> tags as the entry boxes? I can't really make a new submit button with the image within Frontpage I created because I would not be able to position it correctly and to go back and fix it so I could would be a big step back. I thought just by adding an attribute like input type="submit" would make my submit button able to deliver the entries from the form boxes no problem. But how could that work if it is not under the same <form> tags as my entry boxes? That is what I am trying to work out.

F-Y-I: This is the first time I ever had to deal with HTML. I am just learning now.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
Darin McGrew
post Jun 22 2012, 09:23 PM
Post #2

WDG Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

Yes, the submit button needs to be inside the form element to function reliably.

Why can't you put the submit button in the same form? You can put everything on the page inside a single form if you want.
User is offlinePM
m1Ke
post Jun 23 2012, 11:41 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,312

Interesting. Ok thank you. I wasn't sure if that would work because there's code for other page elements between the code for the form and the code for the photoshop button. I figure putting things within form tags that wasn't supposed to be would screw things up. I have to go back and edit the image anyways but now I know what will work.

This post has been edited by m1Ke: Jun 23 2012, 11:42 AM
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:06 PM