Reply to this topicStart new topic
> web bot, robot to search the web
johnnybay
post Jan 25 2007, 02:46 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,678

Hi,
to all those professional webmasters out there. well I'm a begginner in the world of web designing.I have knowledge of PHP and java. my site is superfreshmp3download.com
well I need help in setting this site as a full fledged site.
could any one help me to design a web robot that would crawl the web searching for information about mp3 artists, music news, information etc. and displaying it on my site.

If any one can help me please help.

If no one can give me the script and some one has knowledge of the pattern in which the script is written kindly share it with me.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
Effovex
post Jan 25 2007, 03:36 PM
Post #2

Serious Coder

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,477

This isn't really a server-side scripting question, unless you intend to search the whole web whenever someone starts a search on your website (hint: not realistic).

What you want to do is to have a robot that will search the web and find information, and then build a searchable index of that information. However, even if you want to limit the information you search for to MP3s and MP3 related information, doing it reliably is a formidable task (one that made Google founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin billionaires, even). A quick search gave me this article on why building a search engine is hard which you might find worth reading.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:04 AM