Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tumblr audio player - "Flash 9 is required to listen to audio."
nolita_day
post Nov 17 2010, 12:36 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,131

Hi,

I've been having this problem for a long time now with displaying the music player on my Tumblr pages but only now has it become most concerning since I've just made a Tumblr for primarily audio posts. When you go to my page, you can see that the first 4 audio posts look fine, but when you get to the 5th one "C'est La Vie" and beyond that, the posts don't work because there is no play button and when you hover over it, it says "Flash 9" and you can't see what's below that because of the colors on my layout, but it says "Flash 9 is required to listen to audio" just like on my other pages where the same problem occurs but you can see that part because of the layout. The thing is, for one I DO have the latest version of Flash installed, and two - if you move your cursor by the audio posts a little music note appears to the left of the post where you can click to go to the permalink page for each post, where you can see the Flash problem suddenly disappears.

The problem occurs with all audio posts regardless of whether it's uploaded or reblogged, and as I post more music, more of the recent posts acquire this problem - meaning that if I post another song right now, it will show up fine at the top of my page, but the audio post right before "C'est La Vie" will now have the Flash problem too - so I think this problem doesn't actually have to do with the Flash. I actually have no clue what the actual source of the problem could be, because my friends who view my page from different computers encounter the same problems on my page. I also have this exact same problem regardless of what Tumblr theme I am using. When I go to other music Tumblr pages such as this, I can see/play all the audio posts fine from the main page, as opposed to having to go to the permalink page for some of my older audio posts to play on my Tumblr.

I would be extremely appreciative if someone could help me out, thank you in advance!

This post has been edited by nolita_day: Nov 17 2010, 12:42 AM
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Nov 17 2010, 02:29 AM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

Are you sure you have the latest flash plugin for the browser you use? Everything works as it should for me.
User is offlinePM
e-laboy
post Feb 11 2011, 07:28 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 13,846

If you have endless scrolling, find a way to get rid of it.

Go into your dashboard customize settings, and under appearance should be a box to check off endless scrolling.
This should get rid off your flash issue.
User is offlinePM
JLK
post Oct 5 2011, 11:37 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 15,568

i have the same problem. i have the latest version of flash and have endless scrolling checked. it only happens with endless scrolling themes.
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 10:36 PM