Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Widening Sidebar in Tumblr
Lazy_T
post Sep 18 2012, 11:40 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,798

Hi Guys,

I have scoured the entire internet in my search for an answer to this one, and from what I have seen it looks like you may be the only guys who can help!

I am trying to widen my sidebar, to cut a long story short as I think the alternative is not possible, but what do I know!

Yesterday I added the twitter widget to my site, but it now sits messily outside bar, and being the obsessive compulsive that I am I need to have it looking smart and not have the widget overlap the sidebar and the main page.

I'd ideally like it to sit either within a widened sidebar, or perhaps to the right of the content on my page - if I could do that, that would be very cool.

If anyone could help I would be eternally grateful.

I am gradually teaching myself tiny pieces of code, but with this one I have really started to run before I can walk!

The url is http://ogfc.tumblr.com if you wish to have a nose at the code at laugh at me for being stupid! biggrin.gif

Many Thanks,

Lazy_T.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
Darin McGrew
post Sep 18 2012, 08:18 PM
Post #2

WDG Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

Examining the elements in Chrome, the width of the sidebar is controlled by the width property in the following CSS block:
CODE
    #left {
    float: left;
    padding-left: 15px;
    padding-top: 30px;
    padding-right: 10px;
        height: 100%;
    width: 180px;
    position: fixed;
        -webkit-text-stroke:1px transparent;         
    font-size:12px;
    line-height:18px;
    color: #f1cd02;
    font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, Lucida Sans Unicode;
    background: url(http://static.tumblr.com/wcungye/kHAlscqkz/81kel.png) repeat-y;
    }

The width of the twitter feed is controlled by the width attribute of the iframe:
CODE
<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" classname="twitter-timeline twitter-timeline-rendered" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border: none; " width="220" height="400"></iframe>

Note that 180 pixels (the width of the sidebar) is less than 220 pixels (the width of the iframe).
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:37 PM