Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> phpmyadmin not allowing INNODB as engine
TysonHorlacher
post Sep 3 2014, 06:32 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,856

I am creating a database to hold ecommerce product info. This I am doing as a test on a free parked domain with myphpadmin (podserver.info).

In the phpmyadmin section of this I cannot make my database engine "INNODB" and it remains "MyISAM". I have tried using the SQL alter table engine script

ALTER TABLE tablename ENGINE=INNODB;

This runs but does not change the displayed engine names of my table and they remain "MyISAM'. In further looking I have also found that INNODB is not even an option when I am creating a new table. Those options are (MyISAM--CSV--MGR_MYISAM--BLACKHOLE--MEMORY--ARCHIVE). This is a brand new build with no info in the tables yet. I am just trying to get foreign key relationships correct the first time which I read was to make the engine INNODB. The only change was to make the collation "utf-8-general-ci".

What changes do I need to make to the database to ensure that I can use INNODB as it appears I cannot use it now. If I need to create a new database, that will be fine and I'll remake the table structure I already have.

***Additional Info***
I just tried to create a table entirely through sql (with engine unspecified). It defaults to MyISAM.

This post has been edited by TysonHorlacher: Sep 3 2014, 06:52 AM
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
Brian Chandler
post Sep 3 2014, 09:29 AM
Post #2

Jocular coder

Group: Members
Member No.: 43

Have you checked the details of the DB service (I don't really understand what a free parked domain is; someone is providing a DB? free of charge?)

I just tried creating a test table, selecting InnoDB with PhpMyAdmin, and it seems to work. I think the problem is probably not PhpMyAdmin.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:13 AM