Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cannot Pop-up in China ~, Cannot Script Image Into Popup / Modal Window
STEELBOSS
post Jan 30 2018, 09:54 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,580

Hello,
I am new (of course) blink.gif and first I would like to thank all of the great people here who devote their time to increase knowledge and function across the www.
My name is Tony and I work in an engineering company in China. I am really busy, but as I am from the states I have been selected to upgrade our website. I am not proficient in any code language, so i do a lot of hit-and-miss with HTML, CSS, & JS pages. I make progress, but it is painfully slow for me. The problem is that I just can't let anyone here in China do it for me because they are too cocky and don'd don't have much patience for the language barriers.

Ok, so i think my problem is very simple, but I just don't know how to fix it. wacko.gif

I have a web page online here: http://www.mdhiglobal.com/mdhiorg.html

It is a thumbnail with a mouse-over title and link to an organization chart. At this time if you click on the Org link, the chart simply pops up as a new page in the same tab as the web page. I don't want that. Also there is no navigation of course because its just a .jpg. What I want is a pop-up window modal that the viewer can close. Maybe there could even be a text box in the modal.

I have been trying for 2 days to fix it, but to no avail. I learned how to do many things wrong though.

I would really, really appreciate any help I can get to learn how to fix this without losing the design structure of what is already on the page; ie., I want the page to look the same as it does now...if possible. blush.gif

Thanks!
Tony
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
CharlesEF
post Jan 30 2018, 05:24 PM
Post #2

Programming Fanatic

Member No.: 19,088

If you want the dialog to appear in a new tab or window then add the 'target' attribute to the <a> link. Like this:
CODE
<a href="images/strorgl.jpg" target="_blank">Main Shop Organization</a>
User is offlinePM
STEELBOSS
post Jan 30 2018, 09:53 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 26,580

QUOTE(CharlesEF @ Jan 31 2018, 06:24 AM) *

If you want the dialog to appear in a new tab or window then add the 'target' attribute to the <a> link. Like this:
CODE
<a href="images/strorgl.jpg" target="_blank">Main Shop Organization</a>

Sir,
thank you very much and I tried that, it works to open the image in the new tab. But what I am really trying to do is make the Organization chart as a pop-up window image on the same page, with an "X" in the corner to close the window after viewing. Can you do that?

Thank you!
Tony
User is offlinePM
CharlesEF
post Jan 31 2018, 03:59 AM
Post #4

Programming Fanatic

Member No.: 19,088

Oh, I guess I misunderstood the question. A google search will turn up many examples so I won't try to explain here. You can look here, to start.
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:07 AM