... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Broken Links, URL forward, Broken links when forwarding
MineUmbriel
post Mar 10 2012, 12:29 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,671

Hello all, I am somewhat new to HTML and webdesign and brand new to the forums. Let me know if this is in the wrong board.

So here is my problem, I have my site here but would like to name the URL something more related to the site. I tried some stuff with CNAME which I know almost nothing about and could not get it to work. When I tried that it brought me to the webservers page like this. I tried another solution and grabbed a domain name that forwarded to the first link above. This is the site that is being forwarded to the first link. When I go to hgs4303.hostedd.com all the links on the site work, e.i. plugins.. When I go to mineumbriel.tk only two? of the plugin links will work. So my question is, how can I get them all working while URL forwarding or even better how do I go about using CNAME. either option is ok with me as long as others can use one of the easier to remember domain names.

Thanks for looking into it!

Edit:Also let me know if you need anymore information.

This post has been edited by MineUmbriel: Mar 10 2012, 12:46 AM
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
pandy
post Mar 10 2012, 06:02 AM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

I don't understand. The plugin links work AFAICS. Exactly what happens?
User is offlinePM
MineUmbriel
post Mar 10 2012, 01:03 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,671

QUOTE(pandy @ Mar 10 2012, 06:02 AM) *

I don't understand. The plugin links work AFAICS. Exactly what happens?

This only happens on the mineumbriel.tk site. hgs4303.hostedd.com is what the .tk site is being forwarded to and that works completely fine.
The only way I can get them to open on mineumbriel.tk is opening them in a new tab by middle clicking. In Chrome all but the mcMMO and lwc links just stays on the main page, Firefox loads a plain white page, and IE loads a content cannot be displayed error. I just added the target=”_blank” to the last three plugins to open in a new tab and they work fine now but I am going to leave the rest as examples as I still would like to solve this for possible future projects.

Thanks
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Mar 10 2012, 01:13 PM
Post #4

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

Yes, I understood the problem was with the .tk site, but the links do work for me.

When you use the .tk domain your site is just displayed in a frame. There is no redirection.
User is offlinePM

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:20 AM