The Web Design Group

... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adding html widgets/pluggins (How To), i simply am trying to add a sliding firm to my site
drazzee
post Aug 19 2014, 09:05 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,901

I am trying to enhance some of the features for my brother’s html website; I understand some html but I never quite got this concept. Here it is, I found a widget/plugin that we need to have on various pages of the website (a sliding contact form).

There are several of these out there, free to use and the download usually consist of a zip file with >> something.css, something.js index.html and maybe a something.php (to send the mail).

When I launch index.html, there it is, the sliding form just like I am looking for - how do I get that index.html coding into the “about us” page of my website without damaging formatting, spacing, font etc…of my page and have the slider still work

We thought; per the instructions http://www.mrova.com/beautiful-free-sliding-feedback-form/

1. add (cut and paste) the script and style into the <head> section of our site
2. copy the html code for the sliding form itself into my page (anywhere between the <body> tags)
3. modify the php file to send to our email address
4. copy the css files into the css folder of my site and the same for the js file

But when I do my form doesn't display correctly and know it is something simply that I am doing or not doing.

I am self-taught and don’t mean to take up your time but this is frustrating because I know we don’t have the funds to pay someone to do this and I want to be able once and for all to know how to add widgets/plugins the correct way to an html website..

Our Website http://leelawgroup.net

thank so much in advance

drazzee
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
Frederiek
post Aug 20 2014, 04:33 AM
Post #2

Programming Fanatic

Group: Members
Member No.: 9

I don't see any attempt to add that sliding feedback form on your site. I don't see the necessary HTML, js and css anywhere.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:02 PM