... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> I need help with my htaccess file, htaccess file-leverage browser caching
fine0023
post Sep 29 2011, 09:34 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,737

This may be an unusual request to ask someone to help me with just one small aspect of my website, but I would be willing to pay someone if they could help me figure this out. I'm a novice web designer, having taught myself html and css, but I'm still pretty clueless on a lot of other things. I want to leverage browser caching to increase page speed, but I haven't found many tutorials online that a beginner like me can understand and that really tell me exactly how to do it. I have many images on my website and I want the pages to load faster and I want them to be fast for seo purposes too. It sounds like max-age and and last-modified are good choices, but I'm unclear on this whole thing in general and what the code would look like in my htaccess. I would like to find someone who knows the best way to do this and can provide some explicit help for me. Thanks.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Frederiek
post Sep 30 2011, 02:02 AM
Post #2

Programming Fanatic

Group: Members
Member No.: 9

I don't see how a .htaccess file would help to speed up a web page. See the performance loss at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Htaccess#Disadvantages .

Probably more of interest is: http://www.palmerwebmarketing.com/blog/25-...p-your-website/ .
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Sep 30 2011, 03:02 AM
Post #3

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

By setting cache headers. I'm afraid those headers are somewhat of a headache for me too. Procrastinating a proper read-up on them, so I'm ill-fitted to give advice. Alas.
User is offlinePM

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:43 AM