The Web Design Group

... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Navigation drop-down menu for pc+mobile, Best/Easiest Implementation?
janix
post Apr 30 2012, 06:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,016

Hey guys. I am currently working on a project for a college mobile design class. I feel like I have backed myself into a corner by deciding to go with plain ol' html5/css3 instead of using the jquery mobile framework. What I am trying to do is create a navigation drop-down menu that adjusts to device size. As you can see from my site link below, I have managed to make the site fairly responsive in regards to which device the site is being viewed on. The site needs to work on desktop, phones, and tablets. I only have two days remaining to get the nav menu up, but it is the only thing I have left to do before the draft is due. Yes, I realize it could be a lot better but oh well.

Any suggestions as to how I should go about it without having to port everything over to jquery? I am guessing that I will need to use a little javascript to add the onclick functionality, but after spending the last five hours looking up tutorials on how to implement that all I ended up doing is breaking my current setup.

Here's the link to the site.

My Site

By the way, the media queries work best in Chrome. Firefox doesn't seem to wanna shrink down as far while still scaling.

This post has been edited by janix: Apr 30 2012, 06:56 PM
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:34 PM