Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adjusting the width of a Blogspot widget?, Help appreciated ;-;
Retti
post Oct 31 2011, 12:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,750

Hello! I'm so happy I was able to find this forum where HTML experts gather, as I am desperate and already have annoying questions prepared ;-; I hope there is a solution, or else I will have to rework everything on my page and find another way D:

It's this one: http://www.lunatea.tk/ (hosted on blogspot)

It still looks pretty empty, but before posting all the contents I wanted to make sure the template would work out and everything of course. I have tried to make a custom top-bar under the header with a HTML gadget by creating the single pictures from "home" to "FAQ", and link those with the relative pages. But now, even though I made sure the top-bar's total width is exactly the same as the one of the header, the last brown bit was cut off and put into the next row.

I hope my English is understandable ;-;
I wanted it to look like this: http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n581/r...et/Supposed.png

So is there anyone who is able to spot my mistake or tell me if this is even possible? I think I need to adjust the maximal width of the HTML gadget, but is there even a way for this? ;w;

Thanks alot for reading! Should I explain anything further or something? Help is appreciated!

This post has been edited by Retti: Oct 31 2011, 01:07 PM
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Oct 31 2011, 01:43 PM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

The header image is 890 pixels wide. The div the buttons are in is 808 pixels wide. The total width of the buttons is 870 pixels so they wrap.

Apart from that, I think you should do this another way. The font is a common one and the background is a solid color, so there is no need to use images really, you could just as well use real text and a background color. If you don't want to do that, at least use a background color and you don't need that last long image to fill the bar out.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:17 AM