Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Group expansion?
Peter Evans
post Aug 25 2006, 02:15 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13

Darin, pandy, Christian J and occasionally myself will all be moderating the new forums. (Thanks very much to pandy and Christian for helping us get where we are over the last month with testing and feedback).

The WDG is a select group indeed, but I wonder if pandy and Christian J might be invited to join.

While I'm in the mood. . . .

:The WDG officially has no preference for browser type, screen resolution, HTML publishing tool or any other means by which HTML may be incorrectly manipulated.

"Incorrectly" looks a bit out of place there.

:Non-browser Specific, Non-resolution Specific

These are easily misread as two kinds of specificity. Actually you're after two kinds of non-specificity. "non-browser-specific, non-resolution-specific"?

:Arnoud "Galactus" Engelfriet

What was previously his site has since been taken over by a domain squatter.

:The members of the WDG colaborate virtually

collaborate

User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Peter Evans
post Aug 26 2006, 02:09 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13

Or not, since I wasn't logged in.

Gosh, I missed an opportunity to spam horny eighteen-year-old sluts [let's see if you have any nannyware working] or whatever it is that the spammers are pushing on that other forum associated with this site. I thought registration was compulsory; if it isn't, it should be. (And with some delay system, and limit on the number of IDs issued per IP number per day, etc, etc).

Right then:

The Web Design Group was formed to promote the use of valid and creative HTML documents. The WDG officially has no preference for browser type, screen resolution, HTML publishing tool or any other means by which HTML may be incorrectly manipulated.

I now see what you're after, but it wasn't obvious. How about something like:

The Web Design Group was formed to promote the use of valid and creative HTML documents that can be read using any device. It does not push any particular software, screen resolution, etc., although it may express reasoned preferences where appropriate.

I mean, I want the right to continue to say that Microsoft's "save as HTML" option sucks. (I'm agnostic. I'll say the same thing for OpenOffices's analogous option.)

I like the "Lo-Fi" version of this BBS; pity that I don't seem to be able to use it when I'm posting.

User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th April 2024 - 10:55 PM