The Web Design Group

... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Links in IE not working, Firefox ok but IE 7.0 !!!
koit
post Mar 31 2007, 04:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,383

Hello all

I've been using and amending my personal web pages for sometime but today one of my visitors informed me that my links are not working in IE 7.0.

As I've used Firefox for yonks now, I've not noticed this before..........however.........

http://www.koit.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/animations.php

On that page, I use the icons as links (which works perfectly in Firefox), apparantly they are not functioning in IE 7.0. I believe that this may be something to do with how IE processes DIVs.

Can some kind soul please look at my source code and see what I can amend to get all browser uses to be able to see my content.

I'll be honest, I'm fairly decent at creating content, but not too great at creating websites. So any help will be most appreciated.

Keep well

Koit
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
Darin McGrew
post Mar 31 2007, 04:42 PM
Post #2

WDG Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

Many of the HTML errors reported by the online validator are caused by muddling XHTML and HTML, but others look like they might be serious structural errors that could cause problems in different browsers.
User is offlinePM
koit
post Mar 31 2007, 05:30 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(Darin McGrew @ Mar 31 2007, 09:42 PM) *

Many of the HTML errors reported by the online validator are caused by muddling XHTML and HTML, but others look like they might be serious structural errors that could cause problems in different browsers.

Thanks for your response Darin

I'm fairly naive in this but have visited that html validation site and have cleared up a few tag issues. Unfortunately this did not fix the issues at hand.

Is there anything else I could try ?

Thanks in advance

Koit
User is offlinePM
Brian Chandler
post Mar 31 2007, 10:31 PM
Post #4

Jocular coder

Member No.: 43

QUOTE(koit @ Apr 1 2007, 07:30 AM) *

QUOTE(Darin McGrew @ Mar 31 2007, 09:42 PM) *

Thanks for your response Darin

I'm fairly naive in this but have visited that html validation site and have cleared up a few tag issues. Unfortunately this did not fix the issues at hand.

Is there anything else I could try ?

Why do you use xhtml? It has no empirically determinable advantages, and some clear disadvantages - such as that the target=_blank you are using is not valid in xhtml.

I can't see why the links shouldn't work, but the best start is to get rid of _all_ of the validator errors first.

I am looking at the page in Firefox, and there are other problems - after the 7th item, the main text dives beneath the panel on the left. Looks like the application of Clever CSS, to me, and Clever CSS is another good thing to avoid.

User is offlinePM
koit
post Apr 1 2007, 02:20 PM
Post #5

Thanks for your help folks - my issues are now resolved.

Thanks.

Koit
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Apr 1 2007, 03:27 PM
Post #6

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

So what caused it?
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:01 PM