The Web Design Group

... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 1 image displaying either really small or blurry despite width and height being set to the parameters in the image properties, HTML Email Signature
Emilyeagleowl
post Apr 29 2019, 06:42 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,889

Hi guys!

I'm new here and I am new to HTML/CSS and building websites in general so hello!

I started learning HTML about 2 months ago as I got put in charge of our companies online profile and tasked to tweak our companies email signatures. I did a bit of digging and decided it was probably a good idea to use HTML so they couldn't be corrupted when viewed on different email platforms as I had noticed it in the past and it really annoyed me.

I have created an email signature with HTML which looks like our old one which is what my boss wanted however I have hit a snag.

There is an image at the bottom of the signature, a banner with our web address written.

If I look at the properties of the JPEG file it says the width 623 pixels and the height is 129 pixels.

But when I insert it into my email signature it looks tiny. I have had a look of the properties of my other images used in the signature and according to the properties from the JPEG files the pixel sizes are smaller than the banner image that looks tiny. But when they are displayed in HTML editors and when I save it as an index.htm file it still looks minuscule.

At the beginning of the signature I used an internal style sheet to specify the different fonts styles, sizes and colours that I wanted to use as there are a few in my bosses chosen design and even when I try and specify the image size in this section or in the tag for the image it blurs the image. Even when I set the height and width to the same number of pixels as stated in the properties.

unsure.gif

The images are hosted on a google drive specially created for this purpose but no matter what I do, resize it change the specifications it looks tiny and riduclous. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

The pictures are part a table as that is the only way I could think of to get the layout the way my boss wanted it look. I don't think it makes much difference to this image as I have tested and played with it without the rest of the email signature and it still does the same thing. Renders looking tiny whereas the rest of the images look how I expected them to.

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I need to insert the signature into my emails and test the links before I help everyone else who works here with theirs and I'm currently pulling my hair out.,

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

smile.gif
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:51 AM