Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> website code help
SOS
post Apr 15 2009, 05:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,341

I'm not so good at web design, it might be hard to explain since i don't have ascreen shot of what i want it to look like.
okay lets say i have a store
| this is the middle |
| of the site |
|>>>>>>>>>>>nav |
|>> pic| other >nav |
| >>>>>>>>>> nav |
| >>>>>>>>>>>> |
|>>>>>>>>>>>>>|
| >>>>>>>>>>>> |
| >>>>>>>>>>>> |

i want it aligned so its in the middle with the pictures and words and whatever and the left and right is the background which repeats
i know theres a code for it i used it before but i forgot what it was, but anyways another important part i want in it that the navagation images are at the right side in the middle of the site where it says pic on the left i want one of the zoom in things for the store where you click it and it zooms in and it shows the 'other' picture right next to it on the right (ive seen it before on angie hearts)

sorry about the picture and everything i know its nerdy but at least im not speaking l33t and sorry if the descriptions vague to you, its not to me.

i use to be good at html and css but i stopped working at it and forgot how to do most of the codes i knew before..

This post has been edited by SOS: Apr 15 2009, 05:17 PM
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Apr 15 2009, 06:05 PM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

Sorry, but don't follow. sad.gif
User is offlinePM
SOS
post Apr 15 2009, 10:57 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,341

QUOTE(pandy @ Apr 15 2009, 07:05 PM) *

Sorry, but don't follow. sad.gif

Well.. Most of it you should because I want my site aligned and most web designers think its the easiest thing to make a page aligned I just want it straight like one block and then on the sides they're are pictures repeated, like on myspace they give you codes, I see you don't do myspace but anyways many people get the codes there but just go on angie hearts and look at where they have the clothes and click zoom I want a code to do that on my website along with help aligning a layout, I can try to do it myself but I am packed with work that's why I asked for help here.. Sorry if I type too long but its just details,details D:
User is offlinePM
suziewong50uk
post May 16 2009, 11:28 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 8,376

Hi did you sort out the text in the CENTER, or LEFT, or RIGHT. if not here is some codes

align=center valign=top

align=center valign=middle

align=center valign=bottom

<h4 align="center">

put them at the beginning of the text you want to put in the CENTER ok let me know if it works if not try this one.
Good Luck......Susan

QUOTE(SOS @ Apr 15 2009, 11:15 PM) *

I'm not so good at web design, it might be hard to explain since i don't have ascreen shot of what i want it to look like.
okay lets say i have a store
| this is the middle |
| of the site |
|>>>>>>>>>>>nav |
|>> pic| other >nav |
| >>>>>>>>>> nav |
| >>>>>>>>>>>> |
|>>>>>>>>>>>>>|
| >>>>>>>>>>>> |
| >>>>>>>>>>>> |

i want it aligned so its in the middle with the pictures and words and whatever and the left and right is the background which repeats
i know theres a code for it i used it before but i forgot what it was, but anyways another important part i want in it that the navagation images are at the right side in the middle of the site where it says pic on the left i want one of the zoom in things for the store where you click it and it zooms in and it shows the 'other' picture right next to it on the right (ive seen it before on angie hearts)

sorry about the picture and everything i know its nerdy but at least im not speaking l33t and sorry if the descriptions vague to you, its not to me.

i use to be good at html and css but i stopped working at it and forgot how to do most of the codes i knew before..

User is offlinePM
Frederiek
post May 17 2009, 07:12 AM
Post #5

Programming Fanatic

Member No.: 9

I suppose, if I understand you correctly, you're looking to center the entire page content as one block in the middle of the browser window.
See http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=CenteringBlockElement
If the middle block then is smaller than the browser window, you can see a background image which you repeat vertically.

Putting pictures on the left or right within that middle part can be achieved with the CSS float property.
See http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=AlignLeftAndRight

The image zoom you have seen at angie hearts is done with javascript, hence their vzoom.js file. Maybe something more simple will already be enough for you.
See http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menu/magnify

User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:14 AM