Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Image Editing, How Do I Edit This Image
richnlp
post Sep 19 2012, 11:09 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,661

Hey guys, can anyone tell me if there is a free program to use to edit the image below? And if so, how?
There are 4 machines and I need to replace the 2nd and 4th ones with different machine pics. But I'm not sure how to blend the 2 new pics into this existing image. Thanks in advance. I'm using Pixlr which has alot of tools.
IPB Image

This post has been edited by richnlp: Sep 19 2012, 11:25 PM
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
Frederiek
post Sep 20 2012, 02:46 AM
Post #2

Programming Fanatic

Member No.: 9

I don't know if Pixlr has tools to extract parts of the image (e.g. a pen tool to draw vectors around the images to make accurate selections), as it apparently is an online app. The shadow of the 4th image might also be a problem to get rid of.

I assume the image was created using Photoshop, adding each image part in a new layer. I don't suppose you have the .psd file(?).

If you don't have (or have access to) Photoshop (which has a pen tool), you might try Gimp, a free image manipulaton program. Mind you, I've never used it myself, so I don't know the tools it has.
User is offlinePM
richnlp
post Sep 24 2012, 09:32 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 16,661

QUOTE(Frederiek @ Sep 20 2012, 02:46 AM) *

I don't know if Pixlr has tools to extract parts of the image (e.g. a pen tool to draw vectors around the images to make accurate selections), as it apparently is an online app. The shadow of the 4th image might also be a problem to get rid of.

I assume the image was created using Photoshop, adding each image part in a new layer. I don't suppose you have the .psd file(?).

If you don't have (or have access to) Photoshop (which has a pen tool), you might try Gimp, a free image manipulaton program. Mind you, I've never used it myself, so I don't know the tools it has.

Thanks, yeah it's most likely a .psd file which I don't have.
User is offlinePM
Christian J
post Sep 26 2012, 05:57 PM
Post #4

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 7

I'd add the new machines as new image layers. Make them slightly larger so that they cover the old machines' shadows. Perhaps you'll have to move the Honeywell logo a bit too.
User is offlinePM
rdavis42@ymail.com
post Sep 27 2012, 02:54 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 17,416

You can use Gimp photo editor and it's free.
User is offlinePM
hebe_210
post Mar 27 2013, 04:01 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 18,912

QUOTE(richnlp @ Sep 24 2012, 09:32 PM) *

QUOTE(Frederiek @ Sep 20 2012, 02:46 AM) *

Thanks, yeah it's most likely a .psd file which I don't have.

hi there , i am a noob in Photoshop. so ,i wanna seek for a simply tool that provides advanced image processing and document clean-up functions to make my images & documents more suitable to my needs..I come accross Image Processing.net , is there anyone can figure out if it works or recommend me another image edit tool
User is offlinePM
Frederiek
post Mar 27 2013, 04:12 AM
Post #7

Programming Fanatic

Member No.: 9

hi there , i am a noob in Photoshop. so ,i wanna seek for a simply tool that provides advanced image processing and document clean-up functions to make my images & documents more suitable to my needs..I come accross Image Processing.net , is there anyone can figure out if it works or recommend me another image edit tool

That seems complicated to me; an SDK and programming to make it work.
If you already have Photoshop, then search for tutorials. Maybe it's not that complicated to do what you need to do.

Or, if you want something simpler, search for "image editor freeware" or "image editor online".

This post has been edited by Frederiek: Mar 27 2013, 04:14 AM
User is offlinePM
Mparra
post Jul 20 2013, 08:08 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 19,452

You know Adobe gave away Photoshop CS2 awhile ago and a bunch of other CS2 Programs.

Go Here and create a adobe account (its free) then go to the link again and you'll be able to download All of Adobe Creative Suite 2.

You might say CS2 is outdated but I beg to differ it is still a very powerful image editing tool with a host of features some of which they even removed from newer Photoshop versions.

Mark
User is offlinePM
Mparra
post Jul 20 2013, 08:16 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 19,452

And I would say for your image just to put the newer products on top of the older products so you can't see them.

So in Photoshop open all the images your working with, go to one of the product images select the whole image - ctr c to copy. Then go to the image above and paste it , then with the selection tool right click and click free transform to scale it to the correct size and then use the move tool to move it in the right location. The new product should be on a new layer when you pasted it so if you need to use the erase tool to remove any white pixels around your new product that you don't want.

Let me know if you need more help.
Mark
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:25 AM