Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> newbie with table issues, trying to get tables to behave
pram
post Oct 18 2006, 03:06 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 480

i'll admit i am a novice when it comes to HTML. i have the tmeplate(s) i want to use for a client site that i have created using golive. i am having trouble getting the table cells to conform to the dimensions of background images.

here is the link;

http://bellarchitects.net/bell_web_prod

you'll see that the left side (yellow) is a bit smaller horizontally than intended. it is suppsed to line up with the grey box with the logo in it just above.

on the right side, the main content area extends beyond the boundary (intended to be the edge of the dark grey navigation bar)

since this is essentially a mock up, the only links working are "NEW HOMES" > THOMAS RESIDENCE > GALLERY" as a nav path. the issues are somewhat inconsistent across these pages for some reason as well.

i could really use some help here. i know it is something rudimentary - at least that is what i suspect.

thanks in advance
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
ShadowyBob
post Oct 18 2006, 06:01 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 354

I am no expert, but looking briefly at your page coding I can't get the maths of the widths of the various table/rows/cells to add up.

Also, in my Mozilla and IE browsers the yellow left edge is actually slightly wider than the logo (which confirms my maths calculations).

Maybe this where your problem lies?

This post has been edited by ShadowyBob: Oct 18 2006, 06:02 PM
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:07 AM