> Re direct to a thank you page after submit button pressed
Ted
post Sep 7 2018, 04:42 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,706

QUOTE(Christian J @ Sep 7 2018, 10:44 AM) *

QUOTE(Ted @ Sep 7 2018, 12:27 PM) *

Img4a shows what looks like a tab/indentation/whitespace before the PHP start tag, something like this:

CODE
    <?php
if(isset ...

--maybe the redirect started working once you removed that?

I decided to rename the thankyou.php to thankyou.html. It works.

That might be because the server is configured to only run PHP on pages with .php extensions. If so maybe you still have invalid PHP code in the thankyou.html page, but the PHP is simply ignored by the server now. I'd remove any unwanted PHP code from the "thankyou" files just in case.

Glad that it worked finally! smile.gif

(BTW I've edited the email address in the previous posts so spambots won't find it.)

I did not realise that the space before the <?php was whitespace. I thought whitespace was blank lines between lines. However the html_form_send.php file I created with notepad has no space. The <?php is as far to the left as it can go. So this is the reason the file starting working. You did ask about whitespace in an earlier post but I misunderstood. I have checked the thankyou.html and there is no php code in it.
Christian I cannot thank you enough. Also thank you for edited my e-mail address, I did not think about that.
Kind regards
Ted

This post has been edited by Ted: Sep 7 2018, 04:44 PM
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:07 AM