Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Link not working
btwimages
post Apr 17 2015, 06:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,499

I am trying to create a link on the home page (the bottom caption), but although the HTML is there for it, it does not have a link, any clue? Page is http://www.creekstone.com

User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Apr 17 2015, 08:58 PM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

Is the link supposed to be created by one of 22 JavaScripts? If so which? unsure.gif
User is offlinePM
Christian J
post Apr 18 2015, 06:13 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 7

QUOTE(btwimages @ Apr 18 2015, 01:52 AM) *

I am trying to create a link on the home page (the bottom caption), but although the HTML is there for it, it does not have a link, any clue? Page is http://www.creekstone.com

There is no link here:
CODE
<p>© Copyright 2015 Creekstone Communities, Designed and Maintained by BTW images</p>

Also the last one or two words are obscured in by Firefox-based browser.
User is offlinePM
btwimages
post Apr 18 2015, 07:13 AM
Post #4

QUOTE(Christian J @ Apr 18 2015, 07:13 AM) *

QUOTE(btwimages @ Apr 18 2015, 01:52 AM) *

There is no link here:
CODE
<p>© Copyright 2015 Creekstone Communities, Designed and Maintained by BTW images</p>

Also the last one or two words are obscured in by Firefox-based browser.

The link is supposed to be on the HOMES READY FOR DELIVERY. If you look at the source code, it is wrapped in a <a href...
but no link

it is part of the script_supersize_gallery.php:

<?php $homeslides .= '{image : \''.$image_url[0].'\', thumb: \''.$small_image_url[0].'\', title: \'<div id="gallery_caption"><a href="http://www.creekstone.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/10319-Beach-Mill-Brochure.pdf"><h2>Homes Ready for Delivery</h2></a><br class="clear"/><div class="gallery_desc">'.$photo->post_content.'</div></div>\'},'; ?>
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Apr 18 2015, 07:31 AM
Post #5

🌟Computer says no🌟

There's nothing that corresponds to that in the source, not even the caption itself. That's why I thought it was injected by JavaScript.

Christian can probably help you with the PHP. But I don't get why I don't see any trace of it in the HTML source. The caption is after all there on the page. wacko.gif
User is offlinePM
btwimages
post Apr 18 2015, 08:16 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(pandy @ Apr 18 2015, 08:31 AM) *

There's nothing that corresponds to that in the source, not even the caption itself. That's why I thought it was injected by JavaScript.

Christian can probably help you with the PHP. But I don't get why I don't see any trace of it in the HTML source. The caption is after all there on the page. wacko.gif

I took it out of the script and put it in header.php, and still the link does not show up, but the html is there for it in the source on the page.
User is offlinePM
btwimages
post Apr 18 2015, 09:22 AM
Post #7

got it, moved it up, something was blocking it
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Apr 18 2015, 06:23 PM
Post #8

🌟Computer says no🌟

QUOTE(btwimages @ Apr 18 2015, 03:16 PM) *

QUOTE(pandy @ Apr 18 2015, 08:31 AM) *

I took it out of the script and put it in header.php, and still the link does not show up, but the html is there for it in the source on the page.

Now it is. I still have the markup from View Source from yesterday and there is no DIV#gallery_caption there. The problem must have been something other than you think.
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:29 PM