Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Scrolling text from right to left...
Focus1
post May 20 2012, 05:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,776

Hi guy's hope all is well your side of things smile.gif

I hope I'm in the right section here to post this, if not apologies!

Basically in my next website that I have in mind I'd like to add like a 'scroll bar' with text going across the screen from right to left about 30px in height or so. I see in the past this could be done via marquee but now I believe this is frowned upon so I'm looking for an alternative way to implement this such scrolling text, is there a way this can be done in an 'easy' way or does it involve javascrip ? which I havn't a clue about and also I can't find any tutorials on youtube on how to do this either.

All suggestions welcome and appreciated smile.gif

Cheers !
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Focus1
post May 21 2012, 09:13 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,776

Hi guy's and thanks for the replies!

As far as the youtube thing goes, I usually find most of my answers there to most issues as I can see it being done but yes in regards to the javascript code, it does make sense to copy and paste the way I did, so thank you for pointing me in the right direction as I tried numerous other sites but got no-where.

A couple of questions, I found what I was looking for in the javascript, but the w3c is throwing back 27 errors, can I let this go or will I have to rectify it? I tried to rectify some of the errors but then the scrolling text just wasn't happening, so as I'm new at this game I'd like your advice on this please.

Also, after applying the java script, and opening the .html file in IE 9, it's saying something like 'Internet Explorer has restricted this webpage from running scripts or active X content - allow blocked content'.
I'm sure this would put a user off opening up a webpage if they were unsure about it, any way around this or if you apply javascript this is the normal thing to happen ?

Again, as always, thanks for the knowledge and advice smile.gif

User is offlinePM
Christian J
post May 21 2012, 12:09 PM
Post #3

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 7

QUOTE(Focus1 @ May 21 2012, 04:13 PM) *

w3c is throwing back 27 errors, can I let this go or will I have to rectify it?

Can't say without seeing the page.

Also, after applying the java script, and opening the .html file in IE 9, it's saying something like 'Internet Explorer has restricted this webpage from running scripts or active X content - allow blocked content'.
I'm sure this would put a user off opening up a webpage if they were unsure about it, any way around this or if you apply javascript this is the normal thing to happen ?

Sounds like the security restriction in MSIE when you open an HTML file with javascript from your local machine. It shouldn't happen on the web. See also http://www.phdcc.com/xpsp2.htm
User is offlinePM
pandy
post May 21 2012, 12:16 PM
Post #4

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

Ah sorry. I don't understand why people want video either.
User is offlinePM

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:30 PM