Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help with website, I am a n00b
eddywatson
post Dec 19 2012, 08:46 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,284

Hello

I am a graphic designer and artist, and I wanted to start my own website to show a portfolio of my work. I know nothing about php or html etc. I have just bought a domain and webspace, and I downloaded a free template which I like. I uploaded it and it showed up fine. However now I have t edit the html etc

This is where I am abit stuck. Ive edited some text and images. and renames some pages... and then I have to update the other html pages to link to it etc.

But basically This is what I needed:

- In the portfolio page, theres kind of like a grid design on, which I could extend and place thumbnails in of my work, and once you click teh thumb nails it takes you to the full sized 100% image, however i have no idea how to do this... will I need to make a new page altogether? to host the full sized image on? But once I see the code as I will be adding to the portfolio I can do it my self (I hope)

- Ive got a comment page... So I need to find a code that will host a comment box for people to leave thoughts and comments on

- Contact page, I will need to find a code that will show a full contact section with fields suck as SUBJECT and the box when you write what you want etc

If anybody can point me in the right direction to any of these I would really appreciate it. And or, if anybody can do this... I will be more than happy to pay you (I can only send with paypal)

Thank you for your time
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
eddywatson
post Dec 19 2012, 05:34 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 18,284

hello. I cant seem to find the edit button for my post above...

But I have overcome the problems I said about, all I need for my website is a simple Contact form, is anybody able to help me?

Thank you

IPB Image

is what ive got with the code to show it. all i need is the code to make it live and so i get the emails.
cheers

This post has been edited by eddywatson: Dec 19 2012, 05:43 PM
User is offlinePM
pandy
post Dec 19 2012, 06:40 PM
Post #3

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

You need a server side script (Perl, PHP...) to handle that. See http://htmlhelp.com/faq/html/forms.html .
User is offlinePM
Frederiek
post Dec 21 2012, 12:04 PM
Post #4

Programming Fanatic

Member No.: 9

For your portfolio page, I'd suggest http://fancybox.net , so you don't have to create new pages for each image.

As for the contact, have a look at http://green-beast.com/gbcf-v3/ .

And if you have lots of pages for which you frequently change links, you can use server-side includes (SSI or PHP), so you only have to change the links in one file to update all other pages.
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:49 AM