Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Filename automatically embedded
kenseth
post Apr 16 2011, 08:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,346

OK...I suck at html...very basic skills. I use frontpage and have dabbled in expression. If someone could help me it would be such a huge time saver for me. This is what I need...

I would like to find out if it is possible for frontpage or expression to be able to automatically add the filename of an html file into the body of the file. For example:

filename = Johnny Five.html

Within the html document I have some simple graphics, but mainly text. I would like to simply pull in the filename ("Johnny Five") to a certain location in the html code, automatically. Therefore, if I copy the file and rename it, the text in the html code automatically changes to the new filename. I won't need to go into the file and modify the line.

It may sound easy to just do it manually, but it is painstakingly time-consuming for me.

Greatly appreciate any help from you amazing people out there!

Al
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
Darin McGrew
post Apr 16 2011, 10:15 PM
Post #2

WDG Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

I know it's possible for the preprocessor I use to automatically insert the filename into the document content. I would expect MS Frontpage to have similar functionality, but I'm not very familiar with it. I don't know anything about MS Expression.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:41 AM