The Web Design Group

... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Frameset Question, Possible to retrieve the URL from a frameset that has gone off in a &#
hdmann
post Jul 23 2009, 01:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,223

I currently have a frameset that allows the user to browse using the bottom frame while the top frame remains fixed. The user, using the bottom frame of the frameset can browse material outside of my website.

Is there anyway I can get the url of the bottom frame; even though it is not currently viewing my website. However it is still within my frameset?

My goal here is to allow the user to leave my frameset...

Thanks,
Mike
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Jul 23 2009, 02:24 PM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

You mean like Google Images?
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...sa%3DN%26um%3D1

I'm not sure, but you'd need to use JavaScript and JS won't let you read the URL of a document on another domain. To get around that I think you have to do let JS open the pages in the first place (can be done so it works without JS too) and somehow keep track of what page is loaded, save it to a variable. The the "remove frame" link can use that variable to load the current page in the full window. Of course, if the user has navigated away from the original page in the bottom frame, this won't work.

Hmmm. It can't be impossible. I move this thread to the JS forum. Maybe someone can come up with something.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:15 AM