The Web Design Group

... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Auto-Login to Facebook, HTTP POST, how it can be done?
LYI
post Dec 10 2011, 06:39 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,161

After a half-year of experience of posting/replying to Facebook messages i came to the need to do that automatically, at least partly. The first problem i had encountered is that i can't login to it from within my own program.

Q1. I would appreciate any suggestions on to how that can be done.
Q2. Currently I can't understand what is happening after FORM Submit button is pressed:

<form id="login_form"
onsubmit="return Event.__inlineSubmit(this,event)"
action="https://www.facebook.com/login.php?login_attempt=1"
method="POST">

- if there will be a function within onsubmit field, then i may investigate it; but there is Event - i simply can not find where to look for code that is executed on submit.
- i had an experience in using HTTP POST with successful login results, where fields with id="email" and id="pass" were sent to the server along with their values; therefore i was expecting the similar thing to be done in case with HTTPS POST, but it doesn't work...

What i have to consider to make a proper HTTPS POST request to server?
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
facebookmy
post Dec 11 2011, 04:35 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 16,046

http://www.facebookloginhelp.net/facebook-...n-facebook-com/
User is offlinePM
LYI
post Dec 11 2011, 04:56 AM
Post #3

facebookmy, the url you provided "http://www.facebookloginhelp.net/" covers issues with facebook manual (by user) login. I had found nothing about login by software here.
The second link of you isn't working - why you can't delete it?
As for the third link - i would not be asking here if i was just to use facebook as a user smile.gif
User is offlinePM
LYI
post Dec 11 2011, 05:50 AM
Post #4

A friend has suggested me to use javascripts for firefox. So far i had written the script for GreaseMonkey that successfully logged me to facebook. I can now use this approach further.

But, still, i am wanting to find a way to login and then interact with facebook through HTTP requests.
Because, i think, it will work faster and less resource demanding. May be i am wrong...

I am sorry if i had chosen the wrong thread - i am still thinking that HTTP itself is something as a base on which all can be built, if i want not to use browser. Therefore i had put a question here.

Is there some tutorial exists that covers my needs to interact with a general site?
User is offlinePM
Christian J
post Dec 11 2011, 09:14 AM
Post #5

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 7

QUOTE(LYI @ Dec 10 2011, 12:39 PM) *

- if there will be a function within onsubmit field, then i may investigate it; but there is Event - i simply can not find where to look for code that is executed on submit.

I'm not familiar with this "Event"-syntax myself. Could it possibly be a call to a function called "__inlineSubmit()"? Maybe the form submits using Ajax as well.

Can you login to Facebook if javascript is disabled in the browser?
User is offlinePM
LYI
post Dec 12 2011, 06:20 AM
Post #6

Though Facebook notifies about disabled javascript, login is working. Facebook's feed works fine, but facebook's applications require enabled javascript.

It is certainly a call to "__inlineSubmit()" but i had not find the way to examine this function content...
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 05:55 PM