Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> images not lining up, my tables are expandign somewhere in IE
Blaher
post Sep 6 2007, 03:55 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,732

I'm working on a site design at http://blahertech.dnsalias.net.
When I view the site with Firefox it looks perfectly fine, but when I few it in IE the images arn't lining up. If you look at the border images, you'll see the images not lining up against each other. I'm guessing this is due to one of the tables being overflowed and expanded above it's limits. I tried using overflow: auto; in css to find what it is, but it still doesn't show. I've done almost everything to try and find what it is, but it's frustrating me.
If someone can please help me find the problem and help me fix it for my IE users, I would be very please. Thank you.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Sep 6 2007, 06:17 PM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

So why do I get this crap? Especially when I'm using a recent version of a gecko based browser. Not that that should matter. angry.gif
http://blahertech.dnsalias.net/include/ffpu.php

Anyhow, turn the table borders on. That will make it easier to see what's going on. After the pup-up I'm not in the mood for copying the page and doing that for 22 tables. tongue.gif
User is offlinePM
Darin McGrew
post Sep 6 2007, 08:03 PM
Post #3

WDG Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

I don't have access to MSIE at the moment, but you might want to fix the CSS errors reported by the W3C's online CSS validator.
User is offlinePM
Darin McGrew
post Sep 6 2007, 08:05 PM
Post #4

WDG Member

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

QUOTE(pandy @ Sep 6 2007, 04:17 PM) *
See also This page optimized for ...
User is offlinePM
Blaher
post Sep 6 2007, 09:42 PM
Post #5

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,732

Sorry about the Firefox popup, that's more of a Google adsense thing to make money. The main reason why I'm "suggesting" it is for svg support, which I'm asking for something to handle a newer technology (yes, you can get a adobe plugin for IE, but it runs pretty slow).
I also fixed the CSS align and phrasing errors on my pc (not on the server yet), but the opacity is a CSS 3.0 feature and I also have some SVG CSS thrown in there which might not ever be validated...

I tired turning on the borders, but it's not quite working for me. I'm trying to debug this site as fast as I can, so if you see something wrong I'm getting to it. Thanks for the help in the bugs, but my main concern is to have it looking good in IE and get rid of that spacing.
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:20 PM