Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> scrollbar missing
dahl
post Sep 18 2006, 05:22 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 158

Hi. I've used a template and modified it slightly. There is a flash intro which works great, but my site has no scrollbars. I uploaded to a test site at geocities and the scrollbar worked. Now that I have uploaded to my server it is missing. I have not got the grip of html at all yet. Could one of you please have a look and suggest what I should enter and where. Thanks.

"http://www.plasmaandsatellite.co.uk/home.html
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post
pandy
post Sep 18 2006, 05:41 AM
Post #2

🌟Computer says no🌟

Group: WDG Moderators
Member No.: 6

That page has scrollbars. But when I go to http://www.plasmaandsatellite.co.uk/ and click the Skip Intro button the main page is framed and scrolling is set to "no". You should open the main page in the full window. Don't know how to do that from flash, but if action script is used and it's anything like JavaScript, try 'top.location'.

Another thought. You should make that Skip Intro button available at the start of the flash intro. People won't want to sit through it every time they visit. Even better, you should use a HTML link that lets users skip the intro. As you have it now I only get a blank page with flash or ActiveX turned off. Google is a user that always has those options off. Without a link there is no way to get to the main page.

For the same reason you should use NOFRAMES to provide a link to the real page.
User is offlinePM
dahl
post Sep 18 2006, 05:47 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 158

I see that now. It's the flash intro. I used "trendy flash intro builder" and don't know how to edit that. Looks like I'll have to dump the flash intro for now.
Thanks Pandy
User is offlinePM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:43 PM