... Making the Web accessible to all.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Help with displaying random text
belac77
post Jun 30 2012, 05:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,360

I found a html script for displaying random text online. I plan on using it to display random facts about a movie I run a fansite for. However, once I added more facts on, it wouldn't run correctly!
Here is the script, can someone please tell me what to add/take away/change to make it work?
Thanks, Caleb

HERE'S THE CODE:
<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
var r_text = new Array ();
r_text[0] = " The Coraline movie is the longest stop-motion film ever made.";
r_text[1] = " Henry Selick is the director of the Coraline movie.";
r_text[2] = " Coraline’s natural hair color is a medium-brown.";
r_text[3] = " The Coraline movie is set in Oregon.";
r_text[4] = " Coraline calls her yellow mud boots, “Swampers”.";
r_text[5] = " Wybie was created just for the Coraline movie. He does not appear in the book.";
r_text[6] = " The dogs talk in the book. They do not speak in the movie.";
r_text[7] = " The Other Mother is not dead and gone. She still lives!";
r_text[8] = " Subscribe to our blog by email for the latest Coraline news.";
r_text[9] = " The Coraline movie was originally intended to be a musical. All the songs were cut out in the end though, except for the Other Father song.";
r_text[10] = " In the Coraline movie, when Coraline wants the gloves in the store, they are a weird pattern of orange. In the book, however, they are day-glo green!";
r_text[11] = " Coraline has also been made into a stage musical, produced by MCC Theater in New York, with music and lyrics by Stephin Merritt of The Magnetic Fields. ";
r_text[12] = " Coraline is the first stop-motion animated feature to be shot entirely in 3-D.";
r_text[13] = " The red lighthouse visible in one of the snow globes Coraline places on the shelf was modeled after Big Red, the lighthouse at the Holland State park in Holland, Michigan.";
r_text[14] = " The original sweater the design team had designed for Coraline's father sported a big maize-and-blue University of Michigan logo. However producer Bill Mechanic decided to change the design in favor of his alma mater, Michigan State.";
r_text[15] = " The 'Ranft Bros. Moving Company' that moves Coraline's family into their home, are based on real-life brothers Jerome Ranft and Joe Ranft. Both brothers did work on The Nightmare Before Christmas with Director Henry Selick. The mover at the front door (who is given the $1.00 tip) is modeled after Joe Ranft.";
r_text[16] = " The "Detroit Zoo" snow globe featured in the film contains a model of The Horace Rackham Memorial Fountain, or the "Bear Fountain," sculpted by Corrado Parducci in 1939 as the centerpiece of the Detroit Zoo's reflecting pool.";
r_text[17] = " During a trapeze act in the 'Other World,' Ms Spink and Ms Forcible quote from Shakespeare's 'Hamlet'.The words they speak are part of a speech that Hamlet gives to a pair of courtiers.";
r_text[18] = " Mr. Bobinsky is wearing the Russian Hero Medal for Service at the Chernobyl Nuclear Disaster on April 26, 1986. Which reads on the front "Participant in the clean-up campaign" The "4A3C" indicates "Chernobilskaya Nuclear Power Plant." This medal is unique as it is the only medal in the world awarded for participation in a nuclear clean up. That might explain his skin complexion and odd behavior.";
r_text[19] = " The face on the dollar bill given to the mover for a tip is director, Henry Selick.";
r_text[20] = " The Coraline shoot lasted over 18 months, following 2 years of pre-production. ";
r_text[21] = " Over 130 sets were built across 52 different stages at the studios; spanning 183,000 square feet, the 52 different stages were the most ever deployed for a stop-motion animated feature.";
r_text[22] = " To construct 1 puppet of Coraline, 10 individuals had to work 3-4 months.";
r_text[23] = " For the character of Coraline, there were 28 different puppets of varying sizes; the main Coraline puppet stands 9.5 inches high.";
r_text[24] = " At one point in the movie, Coraline shows 16 different expressions in a span of 35 seconds. ";
r_text[25] = " Coraline's facial combinations consist of 3D printed prototypes. New technology enabled a prototype to be molded by a computer, which was then hand-painted by the modeling department. Each jaw replacement was clipped between Coraline's eyes, resulting in a visible line which was later digitally removed frame by frame. There were at total of 207,336 possible face combinations for the character. ";
r_text[26] = " This film marks the first time that a stop-motion animated morphing sequence has ever been accomplished. The sequence runs for 130 frames, or nearly six seconds.";
r_text[27] = " There are 248 Scottie Dogs in the audience with Coraline and Wybie watching the stage performance.";
r_text[28] = "1,300 square feet of fake fur was applied to stand in for live and/or dead grass.";
r_text[29] = " The on-screen snow was made from superglue and baking soda.";
r_text[30] = " The Pink Palace's address bears the same numbers as the nondescript warehouse where the film was produced. ";
r_text[31] = " On the back of the moving van you'll see graffiti on the bottom right corner that reads "StopMo Rulz." StopMo is short for Stop-Motion. ";
r_text[32] = " In a deleted portion of the table scene where Coraline's (real) father sings to her, he laments, "I think I have a virus." Coraline's father is voiced by John Hodgman, perhaps more famously known as "PC" in Apple's "I'm a Mac" advertisements, where he often complains of being susceptible to viruses.";

var i = Math.floor(7*Math.random())

document.write(r_text[i]);

(I've Left the Script tag out on purpose)
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
Toggle Multi-post QuotingQuote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 03:50 AM