|At the top of each topic, there is a 'Topic Options' button. Selecting 'Options' will expand the topic options box.
From this box, you can select from the following options:
- Track this topic - this option will allow you to receive e-mail updates for the topic, see the 'Email Notification of new messages' help file for more information on this
- Subscribe to this forum - will allow you to receive e-mail updates for any new topics posted in the forum, see the Notification of new messages' help file for more information on this
- Download / Print this Topic - will show the topic in a number of different formats. 'Printer Friendly Version' will display a version of the topic that is suitable for printing out. 'Download HTML Version' will download a copy of the topic to your hard drive, and this can then be viewed in a web browser, without having to visit the board. 'Download Microsoft Word Version' will allow you to download the file to your hard drive and open it up in the popular word processing application, Microsoft Word, for viewing offline.
The Options also allow you to choose between three different viewing options.
- Outline mode will display all of the posts in a heirarchial tree format to allow you to determine which reply belongs with it's parent posting.
- Standard display mode (default) will display all of the posts in a thread in a linear order from oldest to newest.
- Standard + mode will display slightly differently by breaking the first post out and giving you a count of the replies in a linear order. Additionally, the first post will remain at the top of the page on multi-page topics.